Hole Shot Slip on question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyb541

Reaction score
Just installed a set of Hole Shot Slip ons and just ordered a PC III. When I talked to Dale he said to try Murphy's map (I think) I did a search and could not find a link. Could someone help me find it?

I also took the bike (2006) for a quick ride noticed it didn't have the power in the midrange it use to have. Do you think the Power Commander will help this? I haven't worked with a PC III before and plan on installing it and taking it to a shop that is a Power Commander certified dealer with a dyno and having him fine tune it. Should I just wait and see what he does or do you think it would be wise to load Murphys map first??

Thanks to all on this forum what a wealth of information.

Thanks should of thought of Google. Do you have a PcIII
No, I don't. My bike seems to run fine without it and I don't seem to need any extra power. It ran great with the Holeshots installed using the OEM computer.

Others have switched and appreciate the differences with the PCIII. Its all a matter of need & desire.

Thanks should of thought of Google. Do you have a PcIII
No, I don't. My bike seems to run fine without it and I don't seem to need any extra power. It ran great with the Holeshots installed using the OEM computer.

Others have switched and appreciate the differences with the PCIII. Its all a matter of need & desire.
I agree

I have the complete header and slip on set from Holeshot. I highly recommend the PCIII and putting it on a Dyno. I tried two or three downloaded maps and still had power range issues and decel pop. After taking it to EDR performance they cleaned everything up and it has run awesome for two years. Dyno Dyno Dyno....Its the smart thing to do. If you try to go cheap you'll always wonder what you could have had....

Ray

Ray...I'd like to ask you two guestions....How much $ does it cost (I'm not in the same state just a guess )10 - 500 somewhere in between?

Also,I was wondering if the dino and technician had to be fjr1300 pacific,or can any shop with a dino (any mc brand)adjust the bike.....Thx,Monk

Also,I was wondering if the dino and technician had to be fjr1300 pacific,or can any shop with a dino (any mc brand)adjust the bike.....Thx,Monk
Fuel mapping is fuel mapping. Power Commander has its own software so you wanna find someone who's experienced with that rather than the FJR.