Holes for summer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrshanta

Reaction score
I have been looking for several months now for a new set of leather pants to replace my Tourmaster Venture air pants. I want to get leather instead of the nylon mesh that now to me looks bad.

The two features I want is a full length side zipper because it is getting harder to put on the pants without it and perforated holes for airflow. I have looked everywhere for them and found nothing. Why is this so hard to find? I would think this would be an easy to find thing. Most of peoples riding is done in warm weather and being able to put them on easily........why not?

Has anyone ever seen something like this??? :blink:

I still look for pants with full length zippers, and always used them and the velcro flaps, etc..... But last year, I made the very simple discovery that if you put your boots on last, you don't need them. I also don't wear clothing underneath them except underwear, and always leave them on during a ride. When the day is over, I will change. Also, if it rains, I just pull on Frog Toggs or other rain suit. It's just dumb to have to take your pants off to put on a waterproof liner!!

Anyway, I guess it's all in how you dress. Sorry, I have never looked into leather, so don't know if any full length zippers exist.

I ride everyday and to work. Most of the time I put my over-pants on first and then the boots because both zippers of the over-pants are broken. I just want to have that feature again.

I guess it depends also on how much you're prepared to pay. The Transit Suit (or just Transit Pants) from Aerostich sounds like it will fit your requirements, but damn that's a lot of $$$

Transit Suit link

I have seen one of these worn in real life and they do look nice.

Thank you so much! That is just what I was thinking of. Your right the price is high but, I spend 3hrs a day, every day on my bike so its easy to justify. :rolleyes:

Just remember that leather is going to be wicked hot in the summer.

I bought a pair of Fieldsheer Mercury Pants (in silver/grey) which are waterproof and large enough to put on over my riding pants (normally jeans). They also have a quilted liner for cold days.

Mesh makes sense, but agree that most look like crap. You can get a cheapo pair of waterproof pants from Walmart for about $25 to put over them if it rains.

I do have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket, however that looks pretty good. Don't know why the pants look so bad.