Holeshot Complete System

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy V

Reaction score
I know there has been alot of discussions about exhaust, but not much lately about the Holeshot system. I always see the slip-on question, but rarely see Holeshot recommended. I have seen some talk about the full system, but it has also died out. I have 24000 miles on my FJR and am looking at the Holeshot full system.Can I hear from some members who have the system. Does it reduce the heat? Do I have to re-map? Can some one with limited mechanical ability install the exhaust and new map?

Thanks in advance RV

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Dogpile on the rabbit.....

Randy V, search is your friend. Don't take it personally when everyone gangs up on you as a newbie. Thats the rules of the welcome committee.

I have the full Holeshot system, and it did more to reduce the heat than all the heat mods previously. The removal of the cats allows most of the heat to leave the bike from below.

Welcome to the forum!

The Holeshot system is popular. It is also very loud. In my opinion, the best setup wpuld be the holeshot header with the stock mufflers. That way you lose the heat from the cat, maybe get a small gain in power, and you don't significantly increase the noise.

I believe that Radman is now running with this setup. I haven't heard it but I expect that it sounds different from stock.

So we don't need the cat...Good I hate cats.!

And I don't wear slippers. :rolleyes:
Well, I do like slippers, nice soft furry ones. :lol:

But I am not a fan of cats, especially the furry type that like to claw at stuff in the house.

Regarding the cat on your bike, I'd say that whether or not you need it probably depends on what state (maybe even what county) you register your bike in.

I know there has been alot of discussions about exhaust, but not much lately about the Holeshot system. I always see the slip-on question, but rarely see Holeshot recommended. I have seen some talk about the full system, but it has also died out. I have 24000 miles on my FJR and am looking at the Holeshot full system.Can I hear from some members who have the system. Does it reduce the heat? Do I have to re-map? Can some one with limited mechanical ability install the exhaust and new map?
Thanks in advance RV

The reason that the talk about the full system appears to have "died out" may be that it has been discussed at length here (like dgfella said, search is your friend). There's really not a whole lot more that can be said about it. I have it and yes, it does reduce a significant amount of heat. Do you have to re-map? I do believe you do. I installed a PCIII at the same time I installed the Holeshot system and I run Dales map; no complaints here. Depending on what you mean by "limited mechanical ability", I'd say you probably should be able to do it yourself. If not, there's probably a forum member close to you who would be willing to assist.

Those who have the system don't believe it's too loud. Those who do not have it, generally think it is. Go figure. The Holeshot header with stock cans is a nice compromise in sound between stock and the full system. I ran it while I was waiting for the new slip-ons and I liked it....just not as much as I like the sound w/ the slip-ons. My opinion, your mileage may vary.

Hope that helps.

Thanks in advance RV

The reason that the talk about the full system appears to have "died out" may be that it has been discussed at length here (like dgfella said, search is your friend). There's really not a whole lot more that can be said about it. I have it and yes, it does reduce a significant amount of heat. Do you have to re-map? I do believe you do. I installed a PCIII at the same time I installed the Holeshot system and I run Dales map; no complaints here. Depending on what you mean by "limited mechanical ability", I'd say you probably should be able to do it yourself. If not, there's probably a forum member close to you who would be willing to assist.

Those who have the system don't believe it's too loud. Those who do not have it, generally think it is. Go figure. The Holeshot header with stock cans is a nice compromise in sound between stock and the full system. I ran it while I was waiting for the new slip-ons and I liked it....just not as much as I like the sound w/ the slip-ons. My opinion, your mileage may vary.

Hope that helps.

I had one of the first sets and they were installed by Dale at his place. My FJR is in the sound byte video on his site. I installed the header later when it became available, also one of the first sets also installed by Dale. Actually his mechanic Richard at Cycle Imports put them on with Dale assisting. Richard has a dyno and put a custom map on my FJR. the FJR simply rocks from zero throttle to full throttle. Very smooth. As far as the noise is concerned, I don't think its too loud. When the bike it cruising they are not noticeable. Only when I am on the throttle can you hear them. But I wear custom ear molds for my autocom. I like the sound iand is one reason why they went on. I gained 6 hp but more importantly reduced heat and made the bike with the PC much smoother and a little lighter.

Thanks for the input. I think I will give the full system a shot..Does Dale also sale the PC III or do I have to go else where.

Randy V