Holeshot DB Killer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feejer/Weejer man

Reaction score
If you think your Holeshot cans or full system is a bit loud check these outhttps://www.holeshot.com/. Go to DB Killer.

I was in his shop last night with a friend looking at a bike and these things are totally cool. They function and look good. He uses them especially on the track when db's are monitored. I just ordered a pair for the FJR. They sound great and any loss is not noticed.

Leave it to Dale to listen to his customers and address their concerns. Looking forward to hearing your official review, complete with pictures, sound byte comparisons and sound meter readings ;)

This is where you'd want to look: https://www.holeshot.com/accessories/db_killer.html

db_killer01.jpg

Quite cool.

But what's the big idea of using prepubescent jail bait tee-shirt models on his web site?

Trying to attract all the dirty old men?

hs_shirt_main.jpg

I've been looking at those, I wondered how they worked. Probably should get the cans on first before I go buying more stuff. :lol:

Makes sense-get loud cans for more sound, then put silencers in 'em.

Makes a lot of sense. Loud when you want. quiet(er) when you want. I run a Staintune on my VFR that is too noisy for regular riding without the dB spud in, but get out in the country and let it rip!!!

I was Dale's First customer for the DB Killer on my FZ1. It works great. I wanted a less noise attraction and this works well. It does not seem to affect the power what so ever.

(I bought the bike used and it had the Full HoleShot system installed and did not want to get a whole new system to quiet it down a bit...hence the DB Killer solved my problem)

If I want more DB's, just unscrew it with the allen wrench provided. One costs $31.00.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did have Dales muffs on the header-in other words, full setup. Got tired of the noise, but more so, the odd sound created by a 4-2. Bike sounded nice with the D&D's on the oe header (4-1-2), but the header setup sounded very un-bikelike. Much nicer with the stock muffs on the header now. IMHO, of course.......... ;)

I find this to be very interesting and TIMELY! I actually pulled my Holeshots off before NAFO because I wanted quiet for the long trip. They are still sitting in the garage. I might be willing to reinstall them if they are a bit quieter.

Then again, I could sell them... :unsure:

Wish Staintune had something like this, the stock silencers they provide work but rattle.

Cary

Wish Staintune had something like this, the stock silencers they provide work but rattle.
Cary

Really? I have a Staintune can on my VFR and almost always run with the spud installed. It fits snugly even before the screw is installed and doesn't rattle at all. Maybe the silencer is a little different on the FJR model cans? Might want to check with Staintune.

Installed the DB Killers last night and took the FJR to work today. I am impressed with the sound much less bark with the full system. Anyone thinking too loud put these in. Rode without ear plugs to test today and hardly noticed at normal riding. I likes alot.