Holeshot polished stainless 4-2 header system w/ DB Killers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderCoach Lar

FJRm'd and dangerous
Reaction score
I recently installed a new Holeshot 304 polished stainless 4-2 header system with polished cans and the new DB Killers on my '06. I had one of the original systems on my '03 (those headers are for sale here)and loved everything about it. The fit and finish was exceptional. The quality was superb. The sound was what the FJR was meant to sound like (IMHO) and it eliminated a TON of heat from the '03.

So when it was time to upgrade the '06, the decision for me was simple. I have to say, I'm even more impressed with this new system than I was with the old one. The fit is still great. I understand that some Gen II bikes require some modification of the side stand mounting bolts; mine did not. The look of the polished stainless is just plain sexy. As far as the sound goes, I installed a set of the Dale's new DB Killers. They reduce noise anywhere from about 2 dB at idle to 4 or 5 dB at 4500 rpm. They're very easily removed for a more aggressive exhaust note and when installed, look very cool and totally unique. The DB Killers can be installed in any existing Holeshot can for any of you who have them and would like the option of toning them down (and dressing them up).

If you've never dealt with Dale Walker, you should know that the quality of his stuff is exceptional and his customer service is outstanding.

My overall rating: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

DSCN4463.jpg

DSCN4468-2.jpg

DSCN4465.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What was the cost?
Do you have any pics with the bags on?
The complete system is $1154. The DB Killers are an additional $64. Not sure how Dale is able to sell at that price given the cost of 304 stainless has gone through the roof (like everything else) lately. Dale said he's been struggling to keep that price where it's at. My guess is that a price increase is inevitable.

I'll try to snap and post a pic with the bags on soon.

That video is of the slip-ons ONLY. It's not the complete system and the video was shot long before the creation of the DB Killers.