Holeshot systems on an 06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NovaFlyer

Reaction score
Just wondering how folks like the Holeshot header/pipe set up? I've read the previous threads, but wondering how folks like them now after the initial new-ness has worn off? Are they meeting expectations? How loud are they? This last question is a biggie, as I don't particularly want loud. The video's from Dale's website show a nice cruise by clip etc, but no full open run with the pipes. Also the video clips are based on the slip-ons and not the header/pipe combo, which I've read are a louder set-up from previous posts.

So I throw it out to the masses.... What say you? You likey .. or not?

NFlyer

Full meal deal, with 12,000 miles on it now. The system sounds much different than the oe with aftermarket slip ons due to the 4 into 2 config as opposed to the oe 4-1-2 setup. It's as loud as you want it to be-fairly quiet under light load, loud as hell full bore. Finish is holding up well with the Jet Hot coating. All who have heard it like it, some a whole lot, no one has said it's too loud, but then the sound Nazi's may have just been keeping mum, as they tend to do when the object of their scorn is in their presence as opposed to being at the end of a keyboard. All in all I am very pleased with the system and consider it money well spent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Full meal deal, with 12,000 miles on it now. The system sounds much different than the oe with aftermarket slip ons due to the 4 into 2 config as opposed to the oe 4-1-2 setup. It's as loud as you want it to be-fairly quiet under light load, loud as hell full bore. Finish is holding up well with the Jet Hot coating. All who have heard it like it, some a whole lot, no one has said it's too loud, but then the sound Nazi's may have just been keeping mum, as they tend to do when the object of their scorn is in their presence as opposed to being at the end of a keyboard. All in all I am very pleased with the system and consider it money well spent.
+1 on radman, I've got the full kit, had it for 2000 miles now. Like the heat reduction, the noise is loud particularly under full load.

Oh, and if starting a thread that invites response, best not to start it at 9 at night. Especially when the subject matter concerns something that is relatively rare.

Drove behind Rad at the CFO for a number of miles. LOVED IT. I love the sound of that system. Wouldn't mind getting it myself but have spent to much on the bike already.

devanator/Mike

I had just the cans, one of the first to get them as I live within an hour of his shop. Liked the sound. Header came out, had it installed and I really like hearing where the bike is at perfomance wise. If you had the original cans and then installed the header when it came out, it will be a tad louder than if you buy the whole system now. He did something with the packing for a little less noise because of the elimination of the cats and improved flow. I've got almost 10,000 on the full system. If I had it to do over again I might save the money for some trips. But seeing I did do it I am happy with the results of the perfomance and map. The heat eliminated from the cats is great though.

Thank's guys...

Appreciate the feedback. I'm basically holding off right now until I get a chance to hear a sound clip / hear one in person. Having gone the loud pipe route before with other rides, it's not something I'm looking for ... Performance with a nice sound is fine ... A loud roar over a long distance ... no way.

Last edited by a moderator:
NF....keep in mind that Rad's bike is a '05. Can't recall seeing / hearing of any installations to confirm fit on an '06 yet. Let us know if you are the first.. :D

--G

I was one of the first three headers Dale made. Fits very well, ceramic coating good and looks better after using it and repolishing with the polish he recommends. Had the cans about 2 years. Overall pleased with the whole system. Think you get what you pay for and feel I got my $$ worth for sure. :D