Holeshots vs Muzzy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03silverbullet

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to buy a full exhaust system.

I'm trying to figure out which is the best.

I'm mostly concerned about quality, durability, and of course performance.

Both seem to be excellent pipes, but which one is the best?

Thanks

Too soon to tell methinks. I have the Holeshot, so am naturally biased. A dyno-off at WFO would be mega fun. With bets on the winner-a natural considering the location, no? ;)

I had the Holeshot slip-ons for a while on my first FJR ('04 ABS ticker). The Holeshots are gorgeous pipes with some *extremely* nice welds!

The Muzzys, however, have an option that the Holeshots do not, namely, a 4-2-1 setup where the single muffler resides on the right. This certainly looks intriguing, IMO Reports of some very impressive hp gains have been reported on the forum, something like a 9hp gain (with PCIII-usb) and a weight lost of 33 pounds over stock.
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

I dunno about those figures... but anything's possible, I suppose....

Me, if I were going after a setup for my FJR, I'd most likely be after the Muzzy Ti Oval system.

Ihave the Holeshot full system, header has no cats. Runs way cooler and I got about 6 hp gains. I was not looking for total hp gains but smoothness through the throttle and more in the midrange for performance and fuel efficiency on highway cruising. I know this for sure cuz I had a custom map on the dyno. Blip the throttle and I have smooth all the way to redline. I like the balance of the Holeshots, one on each side. They are excellent quality and sound. The header is sweet. Plus Dale is just a little over an hour away from my house. Just one man's opinion.

I anyone running the new Holeshot map for the complete exhaust. I'm still running the PCIII w/ the map for the slip-ons. Any feedback if the new map is an improvement? :blink:

I am. Dale uses a shop for his Dyno runs and maps near his shop. Dale actually showed up and help install the header, I have run the cans since they first came out. The map they detailed for me is incredible. Unreal performance from 0 throttle to 100 percent. No surging, no lean spots nothing but pure power and smoothness. About $200 for a complete map from scratch.

Is your map essentially the same as the one he provides to buyers of the full system? Is the HP increse enough to feel?

I am. Dale uses a shop for his Dyno runs and maps near his shop. Dale actually showed up and help install the header, I have run the cans since they first came out. The map they detailed for me is incredible. Unreal performance from 0 throttle to 100 percent. No surging, no lean spots nothing but pure power and smoothness. About $200 for a complete map from scratch.

I had the Holeshot slip-ons for a while on my first FJR ('04 ABS ticker). The Holeshots are gorgeous pipes with some *extremely* nice welds!
The Muzzys, however, have an option that the Holeshots do not, namely, a 4-2-1 setup where the single muffler resides on the right. This certainly looks intriguing, IMO Reports of some very impressive hp gains have been reported on the forum, something like a 9hp gain (with PCIII-usb) and a weight lost of 33 pounds over stock.
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

I dunno about those figures... but anything's possible, I suppose....

Me, if I were going after a setup for my FJR, I'd most likely be after the Muzzy Ti Oval system.

Well, I called Muzzy today and was told that they do not intend to make a Muzzy exhaust system for the 2006 FJR. The 2005 Muzzy exhaust probably won't fit the 2006 FJR. Apparently the FJR wasn't a profitable venture for them. Just not enough sales to justify. Looks like FJR owners aren't quick to modify exhaust systems.