Homemade Windshield Tuning Block

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red2kcbr

Reaction score
I searched, but as usual, struck out. It's got to be my search arguments. I looked for 'Windshield', then 'Windshield Tuning' but no joy.

There was someone on here that changed the angle of the stock screen using some different bolts and washers. Anyone recall where it was? And has a parts list? And some time to come over...never mind.

Can anyone point me to it?

Thanks!

Check with Skyway here on the board, he has some windshield tuning spacers I believe.

Use a couple 3/8" nuts, and longer screws from your local hardware store (Ace in my case) Do not use plastic or other flex material, the screws will break. Thats it, Rads Nuts mod.

Remove the windshield.

Remove the two countersunk screws that attach the windshield support to the tilt mechanism.

Reinstall the two countersunk screws with your selection of washers between the windshield support and the tilt mechanism.

Procuring longer countersunk metric screws to make up the thread engagement lost by the washers/spacers is recommended if you get too wild with the spacers.

Reinstall windshield onto the mount with it's new, revised angle.

Your results may vary. Do not try this at home. Closed course and professional farkler.

edit: Rad was quicker on the keyboard while I was typing....LOL.

Last edited by a moderator: