Honda Heated Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TahoeBound

Reaction score
Yeah, strange time to be talking about heated grips! I'm just trying to install all things at one time.

Suffice to say the OEM Yamaha grips @ $389 is absolutely outrageous, especially compared to the $50 Dual-Stars I had on my '04. However, I want more of a "plug-n-play" kit for my '08. Honda seems that it could be the solution & @ $160 from Service Honda seems mostly reasonable.

I've found some info on this, including the fact one wire is extraneous, but no step by step. I've also read where some have given up trying to install. Wondering if anyone is aware of a thread for a step by step write up?

TIA.

I followed this when I installed mine. A 07A

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...c=8074&st=0

This is a fairly easy job! I went to NAPA and bought a 40 amp relay that gets turned on by the switched power and then send power ot the grip controller.

When you do this make sure you put the fuse for the power to the relay next to the battery. I also bought a fused line at NAPA that uses the mini fuse.

There are two reasons for the relay; pne is if you want to add a fuse box to power other items you already have a switched source, and the other is that the wire that they are showing you only come on when the motor is running.

To find this I went to google and searched ST1300 Heated grips @ FJR forum to find this!

I didn't think it ever got below 70 degrees down there? Why do you need heated Grips???

Good luck.

I didn't think it ever got below 70 degrees down there? Why do you need heated Grips???
Good luck.
Ha! I'll be riding to work in the worst mornings of winter in the high 30s!! Yes, it does get cold in San Diego. Also, I like riding in the Sierras. Last October we were sport-touring southern Sierras & my hands nearly frooze - guessing the temp was in the 40s, but quite unexpected. That's the ride I returned & promptly put Dual-Star heaters on my '04.

Thanks Panman.

Nobody ever believes us but yes it does get that cold in SoCal. I put on the stock Yamaha grips. Got frustrated putting on the Honda grips. I hate wiring.

John