Honda Pro Moly 60 Paste

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metric

Reaction score
Warchild did everyone a great service with his right up called "Lubing the Driving, Driven and Driveshaft Splines!" on the FJRtech site. In his write up he recommended a specific lube as an option for the splines...Honda's Pro Moly 60 Paste. For some reason it seems that the lube can be a little hard to find (not many dealers have it on the shelf I guess). For those of you who might consider ordrering it, Honda's part # is 08734-0001. It comes in small 3oz containers and lists for $9.90 ea. Just thought I would put this out there in case anyone has ever had problems finding it since I spent an hour coming up with this info.

Warchild did everyone a great service with his right up called "Lubing the Driving, Driven and Driveshaft Splines!" on the FJRtech site. In his write up he recommended a specific lube as an option for the splines...Honda's Pro Moly 60 Paste. For some reason it seems that the lube can be a little hard to find (not many dealers have it on the shelf I guess). For those of you who might consider ordrering it, Honda's part # is 08734-0001. It comes in small 3oz containers and lists for $9.90 ea. Just thought I would put this out there in case anyone has ever had problems finding it since I spent an hour coming up with this info.
I've had 5 shaft drive bikes on the road in the last 8-10 years (FJR, GSX1100G, Madura, Gold Wing, and Virago) and used the Moly 60 lube on the drive splines of each every time I had the rear wheel off for a tire change. Never had a problem yet finding it on a local dealer's shelf, but, then again, a tube lasts me a long time, so I have only bought 2 or 3. Maybe I've been lucky to have found it so easily.

Of course my local honda/HARLEY shop didn't have it! If ya want coffee mugs, t-shirts and all that kind of harley crap they have plenty!

I bought a tube quite a while ago and have used it many times (for many uses other than splines). It's a little pricey (from just looking at it) but 'a little dab 'll do ya' so really it is quite economical. Not just good stuff, great stuff.