Hooray!!! The Russell Seat is one it's way....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giant22000

Reaction score
Yiiiippppppppppiiiieeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got off the phone with RCP this evening to give them my payment info. They said the seat will ship sometime late today or tomorrow for sure. When the seat comes in I'll post pictures and a first ride report.

Oh you will be one happy camper. You will no doubt sit a little higher but you will get it broken in and be happy.

Congrats!

Just make sure to give the seat time to break in. Mine was noticeably different after the 1000 mile break in they recommend.

You will love it. I put just over 25K miles on the bike in the last 8 months or so since I put my Russell on, and have NEVER, not once had a hot spot. Money well spent.

I have read that the russell's can sit about .5" to 1.5" higher than stock. I don't think this will be an issue for me as I'm 6'2". Also, I've gotten use to riding with the seat in the higher position. So, if it does become an issue I can just lower the seat to the lower position. But, I have no worries as I've seen all the happy butts on the forum!!!

:yahoo:

Just make sure to give the seat time to break in. Mine was noticeably different after the 1000 mile break in they recommend.
You will love it. I put just over 25K miles on the bike in the last 8 months or so since I put my Russell on, and have NEVER, not once had a hot spot. Money well spent.
25,000 miles in 8 months DAMN

Sorry for not posting pics of the seat sooner. But here is my Russell Day-Long, Dual, All Vinyl, Half Moon, quilt pattern seat. Craftsmanship is top notch as expected! Can't give an honest ride report as weather has not been very co-operative lately. But I've managed to get about 10 measly miles on it. First impression is the seat is everything everybody makes it out to be.

1210091420.jpg

1210091421.jpg

1210091421a.jpg

1210091421b.jpg

1210091422.jpg

Yes it does follow the lines of the bike well. If there is only one thing to note, which really aint worth mentioning b/c it don't hurt anything, is the wings on the rear touch grab rails. Like I said, it hardly aint worth mentioning as it hurts nothing!

I've tried a few custom seats and when I finally tried Russell, it was the best and most comfortable day long seat bar none. Day long really means day long. Nice seats..