Horse Power & Torque

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcf

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that Yamaha removed the HP & Torque figures from the "Features" section for the FJR1300A on their web site. What's the deal with that? I was trying to do a comparison of it and the new BMW K1200GT and noticed this. I was able to find it in the 1300AE "Features" section however. Scary... first I hear about the "Euro detuned engines" and now the HP and Torque figures disappear off the Yamaha site.

Thanks,

Marc

My guess is this is probably a reaction to the incorrect RPM thing they just got caught up in. If you don't state something you can't be held accountable for it.

Er, say what?

Compact, lightweight 1298cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine delivers massive power and torque (145 hp @ 8000 rpm and 99 ft.-lbs. of torque @ 7000 rpm, respectively) for an unequaled spread of muscle over a wide rpm range.

Peeled from Yammi's site, this day @2334 PST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twowheelnut - The HP and Torque info you peeled from the Yammi site came from the 1300AE features area. It is no longer included in the 1300A features area. For some reason this information was removed. Anyone have a good relationship with their local dealer or someone with Yamaha corporate? I'd be curious to know why in the f*!* they would remove this info!

Thanks

Twowheelnut - The HP and Torque info you peeled from the Yammi site came from the 1300AE features area. It is no longer included in the 1300A features area. For some reason this information was removed. Anyone have a good relationship with their local dealer or someone with Yamaha corporate? I'd be curious to know why in the f*!* they would remove this info! Thanks
So what? Same motor - do the math or send a letter... :p :D

Twowheelnut - The HP and Torque info you peeled from the Yammi site came from the 1300AE features area.  It is no longer included in the 1300A features area.  For some reason this information was removed.  Anyone have a good relationship with their local dealer or someone with Yamaha corporate?  I'd be curious to know why in the f*!* they would remove this info!  Thanks
So what? Same motor - do the math or send a letter... :p :D
That's easy to say if you're not waiting on an '06. Now Yamaha has me paranoid because at the same time I hear on this forum that there will be detuned 1300A bikes coming to the US from European inventory, Yamaha pulls the numbers off their website for the 1300A. So okay, same bike but why would they specifically and intentionally pluck the numbers from one model and not the other??? I'd rather check around than accept "fate" by hoping that all's well. I have contacted my local dealer and am waiting on an answer (I hope) on both questions (detuned bikes and figures disappearing from their website). :(

That's easy to say if you're not waiting on an '06. Now Yamaha has me paranoid because at the same time I hear on this forum that there will be detuned 1300A bikes coming to the US from European inventory, Yamaha pulls the numbers off their website for the 1300A. So okay, same bike but why would they specifically and intentionally pluck the numbers from one model and not the other??? I'd rather check around than accept "fate" by hoping that all's well. I have contacted my local dealer and am waiting on an answer (I hope) on both questions (detuned bikes and figures disappearing from their website). :(
Every year there are rumors of detuned bikes which come and go. The rumor about French detuned bikes has achieved almost urban legend status.

Relax. There is no grand conspiracy to foist lesser power FJRs on an unsuspecting PDP waiters. Yamaha's web sites are full of random omissions and errors. And your dealer knows less than you.

- Mark