Hose ID size for TBS on 09'

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airbob

Reaction score
I built a home made manometer for doing a throttle body sync and according to the directions it calls for 3/8" o.d. x 1/4" i.d. tubing which I purchased. When I went to hook on the hoses to the throttle body the 1/4" i.d. tubing was too large. Does anyone know what size i.d. hose is required on an 09' FJR? By reading the instructions on the forum, I assumed the fittings on the bike where 1/4". Seems to me like I need at least 1/8" i.d. tubing. I wonder if Yamaha changed the size of the fittings on different year models?

Thanks,

Steve

I just measured the id of the hoses on my Morgan Carbtune; as close as I can figure, it's 3/16". That size fits my '06 perfectly.

I just measured the id of the hoses on my Morgan Carbtune; as close as I can figure, it's 3/16". That size fits my '06 perfectly.
I believe 3/16" I.D. is what you want. I ran into the same problem you did. No need to remove the large tubing you've already installed...just purchase some 3/16 O.D. tubing and slide the smaller tubing (the one that fits your carb) up into the already installed larger tube and seal the joint with tape. Worked great for me. Plus, I found the extra tubing helpful in preventing me turning the manometer over during syncing. Here's some pictures and video of me syncing my 2007.

https://picasaweb.google.com/mrmsudawgs/200...rottleBodySync#

Mike