Hot diggity dog!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulie

Reaction score
First ride today with the Tourmaster Synergy Heated Vest. I saw this review:

https://www.webbikeworld.com/heated-motorcy...ynergy/vest.htm

and decided to try one. Is it ever the berries! Installation was a breeze because the vest comes with the controller and the harness all wired up. I just plugged it into the Fuzeblock, ran the wire out between the two seats. Wire length is perfect. (You could also go straight to the battery but I think you would have to lengthen the leads to get back past the tank). Plugged in through the Aerostich inside access pocket, and voila! The only very minor beef is that it took a bit of fishing inside the 'Stich to find the plug. I'd prefer a bit longer cord on the vest end so the connection could be made outside, and then the slack tucked back inside the pocket. Very minor quibble, and I'm pretty sure it's a standard Radio Shack plug so I'll probably work out a short extension cord.

Ambient temp was about 55 degrees on the ride. Medium and high settings were too hot - the low setting was very toasty. Felt like I was in my jammies at home. I tried to decide whether it was a mistake to get the vest instead of the jacket. After considering the issue, think that if I had to use low setting on the vest today, the jacket would have been too much. This vest has another 20 or 30 degrees on the downside where it will be very comfy. Either way, though, it's a great product and you can't lose. No connection, don't sell 'em, just like 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been wondering about the Tourmaster heated garments!

I wonder if the jacket liner would overload the FJR's electrical system if one already has PIIA lights (any one care to comment)?

Best Regards,

Shane

I had the Synergy jacket liner and gloves as a christmas present. I ended up returning both of them, as each of the controllers broke within 3 rides. I hope you have better luck. When they worked, they really put out nice heat.

Gregarious

I heard there was a problem with the controllers for a while, but they fixed them. How did the company respond? Did they honor the warranty?

I bought them from Wingstuff, who returned them to Tourmaster. I assume that Tourmaster reimbursed Wingstuff. Tourmaster has always had a good reputation, and wants to keep it. The manager at Wingstuff told me that they had several returned with no problems from Tourmaster. :rolleyes: It is a nice product, as I said earlier, as long as it works...Let us know how they work out for you.