Hot Grips not available.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radical

Reaction score
The company "Hot Grips" is is being taken over by another owner so is down for a while. The Grips I ordered were on back order and this is how I found out the information by calling the company.

I decided to purchase Dual Star heating elements and found that Pro-Grip #698 gel is the same size as the grips on the FJR, 5&1/4", if anyone is interested. They are also much softer. I also ordered the water proof switch boot and heavy wall shrink tube to insulate the left handle bar from Dual Star as well.

Simple, cheap, and EFFECTIVE. Use with the grips of your choice. I've got them on both my bikes and am completely satisfied - and warm...

Rocker.jpg

https://www.casporttouring.com/store/mercha...=Yamaha_FJR1300

I just ordered a set of those also. Only because I have a G2 on the throttle I ordered 2 clutch side heating elements. The clutch side element is made 30% hotter due to the aluminum. Has anyone fitted these with a throttlemeister? Can it be done without damaging the element?

I just ordered a set of those also. Only because I have a G2 on the throttle I ordered 2 clutch side heating elements.
Be careful with the G2 sleeve and using these as it caused me a bit of heartburn.

The G2 sleeve has knurling that has sharp edges. Either wrap it well with electrical tape or use the Dual Star heat shrink for protection.

Radical,

Where did you buy your grips and heat elements?? I have been unable to locate the Pro grip 698 Gel. I have found the 698's but none noted as the Gel??

993 Pilot,

I noticed you have a Gen II. Do you remember how/where/what you wired those heated elements to??

Maybe my next farkle.

Thanks Fellas,

WW

Radical,Where did you buy your grips and heat elements?? I have been unable to locate the Pro grip 698 Gel. I have found the 698's but none noted as the Gel??

993 Pilot,

I noticed you have a Gen II. Do you remember how/where/what you wired those heated elements to??

Maybe my next farkle.

Thanks Fellas,

WW
I bought the heat elements here: https://www.dual-star.com/index2/Rider/heated_grip_kit1.htm and the grips at my local Yamaha shop. Grips #PG0698 GE description Gel Black Open. This comes right off the package.

FYI, Just got an e-mail back from Jim at Hotgrips...seems they did not get sold and they do have items in stock. Their distributor got sold so now they are shipping direct from the factory. I'll be placing my order tomorrow...seems to be the easiest and best setup yet for warm hands...

Wrench

The company "Hot Grips" is is being taken over by another owner so is down for a while. The Grips I ordered were on back order and this is how I found out the information by calling the company.

[SIZE=12pt]Hot Grips Mfg., Inc. was not sold, and is still owned by Jim Hollander at www.hotgrips.com Product is shipped promptly to all website customers. The website sales and support was operated by a Connecticut firm for 4-1/2 years, but the factory in New Hampshire is now operating the site.[/SIZE]

Latest posts