Hot Grips size help please

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTXEDFJR

Reaction score
I'm ordering the Hot Grips but don't know what size to get. 7/8 bars but don't know the length. :huh: :eek: B) :D

4.75 (121mm)

5.25 (133mm)

5.75 (146mm)

P.S I'll be putting on throttlemeister will it fit.

I'm ordering the Hot Grips but don't know what size to get. 7/8 bars but don't know the length. :huh: :eek: B) :D

4.75 (121mm)

5.25 (133mm)

5.75 (146mm)

P.S I'll be putting on throttlemeister will it fit.

Put it this way, how long are stock grips. And for the guys that say just go out to your bike and measure. It's at the dealer and won't be picked up for a week or so.

Steve

Wasn't really being a smart ass...the stock grips are 5-1/4.

The reason I asked how big your hands are...is if your hands are not Real Big..it would theoreticly make more sence to get the smaller grips...less wasted energy.

KM

The Throttle Miester will work with the hot grips but they don't recomend it. When I did mine I left the grips on high for awhile before doing the final adjustment. Tubes will grow in lenght with heat so the Throttle miester may not disengage when the grips heat up and may not hold adjustment when cold.

You also can't use the piece that goes under the grip that it rides on. It can be made to work but I shit canned mine and went with the Vista Cruise. Its a lot cheaper and I find it easier to use. :)