Hot Hot Hot

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowman13

Reaction score
Found this website in Alaska that has nice buttpads in different colors for different bikes. They don't seem to be expensive so I bought a silver one for my 08 because things are starting to heat up just a little. I could really do without it because I am use to the abuse from the heat coming off of the rear jug of an HD v-twin. The FJR doesn't produce a lot of heat but I am getting old and need comfort! Anyway the web site is alaska leather dot com. Give it a look maybe you can find something. Be careful. I am out.

Snowman

Been there, done that, good product, good service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would really like to own something like this. Is anyone aware of pads that have more straps to secure to the seat better? Or would I need to sew my own straps on. I have tried one of these before. I tend to stand on my pegs for a stretch & the pads folds up on itself in the wind. Although, you might think this is wonderful for a woman, it's not.

Or would I need to sew my own straps on. I have tried one of these before. I tend to stand on my pegs for a stretch & the pads folds up on itself in the wind. Although, you might think this is wonderful for a woman, it's not.

Uhmmmm,, What are we talking about Heidi??????

Ok you two smarties... the butt pad shown above has one strap that keeps the sheepskin fastened to the seat. I'd rather have more than one fastening strap to fasten the sheepskin to the seat. I tried to explain why... but in the mind of pigs... well, you know... dontcha'? ;)

I am making the assumption that gel on my ass (except for the gel that is already there) is going to be hot. As hot as my seat presently is. I am most interested in a seat pad of this type for temperature control.

You are totally right.. it is a bad visual.

Heidi,

Get the sheepskin pad, you'll love it. Makes a big difference in the amount of heat you feel, less soreness/perspiration and nice and warm when the weather turns ill. I only have the folding up in the wind problem oh maybe 1 time out of 8 or so after standing up and stretching.

I haven't really had a problem with just adjusting it at the next opportunity if it does fold up, but if you are looking for something to hold it down yet be easy to take off for overnight trips (to keep dry), maybe try a piece of high-strength velcro at the foreward portion of the pad, against the tank. Get the thin HD velcro so you won't feel it. Should do the trick.

Have fun and stay cool out there.

Mike

I am making the assumption that gel on my ass (except for the gel that is already there) is going to be hot. As hot as my seat presently is. I am most interested in a seat pad of this type for temperature control.
Yes, Heidi, you are correct. The gel pads get and stay hot. IMO, they create more issues than what they're worth. A good sheepskin cover helps tons (and you really need a minimal amount of tie-downs (note choice of words ;) ) to keep it in place. Another option would be the beads (sorry, bad choice of word) - some folks swear by them...

https://www.beadrider.com/

Last edited by a moderator: