Hot Weather Gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeld

Reaction score
Wasn't sure which board this should on but...

What do you recommend as being good gloves and boots for riding in hot weather? I was looking for short boots that would also be comfy for walking around in when off the bike but give some protection when on the bike. Most dealers seem to stock full-size boots (which I already have) but they are just too much when the temperature is 35+ degrees.

Thanks

David

Just looks like you spilled your Corona light on it... before or after processing...

Wasn't sure which board this should on but...
What do you recommend as being good gloves and boots for riding in hot weather? I was looking for short boots that would also be comfy for walking around in when off the bike but give some protection when on the bike. Most dealers seem to stock full-size boots (which I already have) but they are just too much when the temperature is 35+ degrees.

Thanks

David
we talk about gear in this area. I wear BMW GS gloves. I found them to have the best ventilation. They aren't gauntlet style so that's a ding to their safety.

DO a search on boots in this area, there should be a bunch of info on those.

TC's picks are good ones, as usual.

Orange? ....why ya gotta come in and help someone out when me and groo are trying to steal a thread?

I just got my Cortech GX Air jacket a week or two ago... really like it. Has lots of pockets, 2 removable liners (1 thermal, 1 water, can use both at the same time if desired) and like the styling as well (the leather covers on the elbows, shoulders and back are a big plus in my book). Seems like it flows air pretty well, and I'll be giving it an extended testing during the ride to/in/from Reno.

As far as gloves go, I'm also sporting a pair of Lee Parks Deertours in the summer. My Racer Multitops are cooler/wetter weather gloves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear a pair of HELD leather and mesh gloves. Can't remember the style name. Icon Super Duty boots w/ SIDI Cool Max Socks. A Joe Rocket Pheonix Jacket and First Gear HT Air Pants. This combo seems to be working out well. I want to get a Sahara vest once funds allow, but for now I use the old trick of wetting down my T shirt at rest stops. Works pretty good but dries too quick.

Tim

I have vented gloves and boots from BMW that work very well in hot weather.

For real comfort in very hot weather I wear a long sleeve Under Armour shirt, my Quick Siler cooling vest, and a mesh jacket. I rode in 100 degree heat Sunday and remained very comfortable.

VM