Hot weather gloves back in stock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
For those of us who really know what hot weather riding means...

Cortech GX Air Gloves

You cannot find these gloves in stock year round. Several suppliers have sent me email that the Silver ones have just arrived. Been waiting a few months to get a new pair. Just received my five month backordered set last week. They are sweet!

If you've never tried it, Silver is amazingly cooler gear. I have no idea why anyone makes Black mesh gear. It's counterintuitive IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those look really nice, I am looking for some new summer gloves. How is the grip on those? I've got stock grips and seem to need gloves that don't have slippery palms.

t

These look pretty good, and are at NewEnough for $31.95, but...

...The next pair of gloves I buy will be the CyclePort Kevlar. I wanna try going Vegan with my ATGATT.

It contains no leather. Here is a very comfortable glove that is 10 times stronger than leather. Far lighter, higher tear/abrasion, stronger seams and more breathable than leather. Machine washable. Will never lose tear/abrasion strength even after washing numerous times in a machine. Leather can lose up to 20% of its tear/abrasion strength each time it gets wet and dries. If a conditioner is not used, even the most expensive leather gloves will tear and abraid very easy. Leather will dry out from extended exposure to the elements. When sweating or when leather gets wet from rain your hands can become the same color of the dye used on the glove. These problems will never happen with the new Kevlar Glove.
I'll suck up having my hands sweat for that kind of promised protection and low-maintenance lack of hassle.

These look pretty good, and are at NewEnough for $31.95, but...

...The next pair of gloves I buy will be the CyclePort Kevlar. I wanna try going Vegan with my ATGATT.

It contains no leather. Here is a very comfortable glove that is 10 times stronger than leather. Far lighter, higher tear/abrasion, stronger seams and more breathable than leather. Machine washable. Will never lose tear/abrasion strength even after washing numerous times in a machine. Leather can lose up to 20% of its tear/abrasion strength each time it gets wet and dries. If a conditioner is not used, even the most expensive leather gloves will tear and abraid very easy. Leather will dry out from extended exposure to the elements. When sweating or when leather gets wet from rain your hands can become the same color of the dye used on the glove. These problems will never happen with the new Kevlar Glove.
I'll suck up having my hands sweat for that kind of promised protection and low-maintenance lack of hassle.

I'm looking at the scarred skin from road rash on my left thumb and thinking that may be the glove for me. At least it is likely I won't get more rash on the hands. Thanks Toe, I didn't know about those gloves. Pricey, but if they work, worth it. I like that they have you trace your hands on paper and mail it in to ensure good fit.

If you've never tried it, Silver is amazingly cooler gear. I have no idea why anyone makes Black mesh gear. It's counterintuitive IMO.
+1 there. I don't get the thought process. Punch holes through the material so you can ventilate but make it black?

There are only 2 major manufacturers that are making silver mesh pants. Olympia and Fieldsheer. I'm waiting for my LBS to get this year's supply of gear in stock (it's a seasonal thing here) so I can compare them up close.

Pretty neat looking. I'll have to check these out next time we ride.

My wife says that my attitude toward gloves is akin to her attitude toward shoes. I thought: Cool, I get to buy 732 more pairs!

I like that they have you trace your hands on paper and mail it in to ensure good fit.
I plan to send in a good-fitting old glove with my order. Then they'll get it right for sure.

Wayne is planning to be at NAFO. but he doesn't expect to have many of these gloves left by then. He had to order 1000 pairs to get them built, and they're selling pretty well....

There are only 2 major manufacturers that are making silver mesh pants. Olympia and Fieldsheer. I'm waiting for my LBS to get this year's supply of gear in stock (it's a seasonal thing here) so I can compare them up close.
I know, can you believe that!?

I love my Cortech GX-Air jacket, but Tourmaster nor Cortech make Silver mesh pants. I bought the Fieldsheer last year and they are good pants. Biggest problem is they don't come in lengths. I have a 30" inseam and had to have about 3" removed. Luckily, there are some very good seamstresses around here that are used to working with Marine Corps uniforms and similar thick materials. Cost me an extra $30 to get them himmed, but she did a superb job and it looks just like new, Velcro snaps and all.

Those look really nice, I am looking for some new summer gloves. How is the grip on those? I've got stock grips and seem to need gloves that don't have slippery palms.
I'll take a some pics and post them up with notes.