Houston, we have a problem.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starcruiser(aka downn2)

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with DynaJet's Customer service who verified Dale Walker's claim that you can't get a Power Commander for an 06 FJR yet, and that's a must have if you want his 4-2 header system..

DynaJet estimates PCs will be availible in another 4-6 weeks, but the real problem is, you won't be able to use any of the previous maps. In otherwords, until DynoJet can get a PC for the 06 FJR themselves, along with an 06 FJR, DynoJet won't have any maps availible to download for the 06 PC on their website. Nope, Wally's map won't work. NOTHING,NADA previous map can be used on the new 06 PC....Meaning, your only alternative is finding someone with a DYNO to develope your own custom map.......an hope they know what they doing...

Think I'll use the money to buy me a GPS instead........not being lost is sure faster than going around in circles with some high performace exhaust system on your bike anyway....

Just got off the phone with DynaJet's Customer service who verified Dale Walker's claim that you can't get a Power Commander for an 06 FJR yet, and that's a must have if you want his 4-2 header system..
DynaJet estimates PCs will be availible in another 4-6 weeks, but the real problem is, you won't be able to use any of the previous maps. In otherwords, until DynoJet can get a PC for the 06 FJR themselves, along with an 06 FJR, DynoJet won't have any maps availible to download for the 06 PC on their website. Nope, Wally's map won't work. NOTHING,NADA previous map can be used on the new 06 PC....Meaning, your only alternative is finding someone with a DYNO to develope your own custom map.......an hope they know what they doing...

Think I'll use the money to buy me a GPS instead........not being lost is sure faster than going around in circles with some high performace exhaust system on your bike anyway....
I know the gentleman who has the first '06 with a PC. He is supposed to post his story here, but I'm still waiting. He has the map that was developed for the PC. PC's come with a map already installed.

We will have to wait for his post. I believe his forum name is 4nmissle.

A custom map is the only way if you want it to suit the way you ride. This will give max performance or smoothness. Dale Walker uses a shop, Cycle Imports in Soquel, Ca. near Santa Cruz. From the ground up less than $250. I had a custom for my 03 and Dale's full system. My 03 has never run better. Great perfomance without sacrificing mpg's. worth the money especially for the 06 seeing there are no true maps yet.