How about a Religion or Anti-Religion Thread?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, today is a good day to discuss the Omnipotent Being’s awesome sense of humor.

Some time between 6,000 years ago and 10,000 years ago the Omnipotent One created everything in 7 days of inspired creativity. There are a lot of the fun things that really show The One's sense of humor that are inserted into this creativity.

One is they very clever way that the Being put all those big ol’ dinosaur bones deep in the rocks just to mess with us. It was also nice touch to put tropical plant imprints in the rocks at the South Pole. The sea shell imprints in the rocks at the top of Mt. Everest was another cool way to tease us. It’s a riot the way the universe is set up to deliver light to us that appears to have been traveling for 12 billion years when in fact it has taken less than 10,000 years, nice trick! I’m pretty sure this wasn’t done using a ‘magician’s thumb’. There are lots more of these little jokes floating around, this is just a few of the common ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Ion. 'Bout time you used a picture of yourself in your avatar. Nice new laptop.

:rolleyes:

Well, today is a good day to discuss the Omnipotent Being’s awesome sense of humor.
Some time between 6,000 years ago and 10,000 years ago the Omnipotent One created everything in 7 days of inspired creativity. There are a lot of the fun things that really show The One's sense of humor that are inserted into this creativity.

One is they very clever way that the Being put all those big ol’ dinosaur bones deep in the rocks just to mess with us. It was also nice touch to put tropical plant imprints in the rocks at the South Pole. The sea shell imprints in the rocks at the top of Mt. Everest was another cool way to tease us. It’s a riot the way the universe is set up to deliver light to us that appears to have been traveling for 12 billion years when in fact it has taken less than 10,000 years, nice trick! I’m pretty sure this wasn’t done using a ‘magician’s thumb’. There are lots more of these little jokes floating around, this is just a few of the common ones.
See the problem with that thinking is that your first sentence (bolded) comes from books we believe were written by people.

Although I'm pretty sure omnipotent beings have little use for books and language themselves, I think it was all a plant. Yeah, those omnipotents do have a sense of humor. About 2000 years ago they put a bunch of these books loaded with disinformation in the bedside tables in hotel rooms, and well... a few people read them. You know, like when they didn't have a recent copy of People magazine, or Playboy to peruse. Then it all caught on, and people formed these clubs to talk about what these planted books said.

But the books were not the same. Oh no. No some of the books had different stories. So naturally, the clubs that formed were different depending on which book the members had read. The club that had read one book decided that all the people that had read and believed the other books were just stupid and useless, so of course they hated them.

Then later they started killing each other, because they believed in different stories. Of course each of the stories claims that life itself is the most sacred thing of all. But that obviously doesn't matter when someone is reading a different book.

Yeah, those omnipotents... their real jokers. Heh. The jokes on us.

Though I agree, I must ask which God you are referring too?
There are really only a small handful of Gods to choose from......

Satriani is God......

joe_satriani2.jpg

Clapton is God......

clapton.jpg

Stevie Ray Vaughan is God......

GuitarsStevieRayVaughan.jpg

Steve Via is God......

cs-SteveVai3-Atlanta71901.jpg

There are several more.... Eddie Van Halen, Kirk Hamment, Slash, etc, etc, etc.....

Now you know who God is...... ;)

Pssst!!!

Ron, you should probably edit your sig line.

If that blowhard Warchild catches wind of you using his he'll be pissed. :rolleyes:

Though I agree, I must ask which God you are referring too?
There are really only a small handful of Gods to choose from......

Satriani is God......

joe_satriani2.jpg

Clapton is God......

clapton.jpg

Stevie Ray Vaughan is God......

GuitarsStevieRayVaughan.jpg

Steve Via is God......

cs-SteveVai3-Atlanta71901.jpg

There are several more.... Eddie Van Halen, Kirk Hamment, Slash, etc, etc, etc.....

Now you know who God is...... ;)
Ok.... I am a closet worshiper to te Great Guitar Gods also!!! Including one of our very own, Slap n Pop!!! oh... I mean John McCain! :lol2:

Pastafarianism is the way. Church of the FSM

[Note to Ron Paul: I'm pretty sure that it's now St. Stevie Ray Vaughan, patron Saint of all air guitarists... ;) ]

Love is God. Word.

I don't believe the devilI don't believe his book

But the truth is not the same

Without the lies he made up

Don't believe in excess

Success is to give

Don't believe in riches

But you should see where I live

I...I believe in love

Don't believe in forced entry

Don't believe in rape

But every time she passes by

Wild thoughts escape

I don't believe in death row

Skid row or the gangs

Don't believe in the Uzi

That just went off in my hand

I...I believe in love

Don't believe in cocaine

Got a speed-ball in my head

I could cut and crack you open

Do you hear what I said

Don't believe them when they tell me

That there ain't no cure

The rich stay healthy

The sick stay poor

I...I believe in love

Don't believe in Goldman

His type is like a curse

Instant karma's going to get him

If I don't get him first

Don't believe that rock 'n' roll

Can really change the world

As it spins in revolution

It spirals and turns

I...I believe in love

Don't believe in the 60's

The golden age of pop

You glorify the past

When the future dries up

Heard a singer on the

radio late last night

He says he's gonna kick the darkness

'til it bleeds daylight

I...I believe in love

I feel like I'm falling

Like I'm spinning on a wheel

It always stops beside of me

With a presence I can feel

I...I believe in love

The difference between a Methodist and a Baptist?

a Baptist will not wave to you when you see them at the liquor store

:p