How do you hook your battery tender up?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonchef

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is such a thing as a battery tender that hooks up via the auxiliary DC jack?

The jack is still hot with the key off....battery tenders are pretty low amp units....would it work?

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually have a CigLighter to SAE power cord, that I use to power my tank bag (pretty sure I got it at Radio Shack). I would assume that you could use that, but I'd double check the polarity just to make sure.

On mine though (06) I'm 99% sure that my power outlet is switched? I don't seem to have tank bag power unless the bike is on.

I could be mistaken though...

Just wondering if there is such a thing as a battery tender that hooks up via the auxiliary DC jack?
The jack is still hot with the key off....battery tenders are pretty low amp units....would it work?

Yes, it's a little doo-dad plug from BT that works with any of their units and the correct female receiver on the bike.

I just added the 'pigtail' supplied with the BT+ and attached it to the right wiring by the handlebar. Practically invisible, and much more convenient IMO. You can buy the pigtails cheap on Ebay. Later.

JC

I have a BMW type plug for power I have the male end on my battery tender that i plug into the power outlet works fine.

Dragonchef,

Unless they've changed on the 07, the aux power outlet in the 'glovebox' is switched - and it's fused at 3 amps. DAMHIK.

I've installed a powerlet that's direct - and I just use that to plug in the tender.

I simply attached the appropriate adapter to my BT and then plug it into the rear Jastek outlet. I have the BT hanging on a pegboard on the wall next to where I park the bike. Pull up. Get off. Plug in BT to bike and then into wall. Done! 2 minutes and I'm headin' in for a cold one.

I hard wired a fused BT connection to the battery. I put a 10A fuse in it so I could hook the power to my tank bag. I power my Zune, and soon to be GPS from a power box that's inside the tank bag. I tuck the tail of the plug under the right side of the tank. It's not very noticeable when not in use and very handy to plug the BT in.