How does the Silver look on the AE '06?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HewhoisCD

Reaction score
Greetings!

Has anyone seen an '06 AE in person at a show? What kind of silver is it? Hard to tell from the photos.

Thanks!

Haven't seen one personally, but it's supposed to be the same color as the '04. In other words, gorgeous!

The '06 AE is the '04 Cerulean Silver. Management at Yamaha headquarters realized it is the coolest, most sophisticated colour to hit the bricks. I would agree, except maybe for the cool green the Aussie's got.

I like the European metallic sand colour too.

But a stable of Cerulean Silver would look pretty cool.

It did not jump-out at me at the Yama Demo Tent at Bikeweek but then again I have never been a silver man. I thought that it looked kinna yellow-silver. Phew!

Gay silver, yellow silver(chicken silver), regular silver, slow silver, whatever...

but to answer your question... it's not up to par with BLUE! :bleh:

Greetings!
Has anyone seen an '06 AE in person at a show? What kind of silver is it? Hard to tell from the photos.

Thanks!
I sat on the silver AE at the cycle show in Cleveland. I spent a lot of time looking at it since I have one on order.

I have seen the 04 once, I guess you would say it is close to it. The lighting in these shows can give a different look than in the sun.

I was a little dissapointed with the silver, I really wanted red :angry: It looks a little bland :huh: Everything is silver and the two tone silver affect didn't work for me. I may be adding some sutle black accents after I have it for a while and see what works.

I picked silver over the blue because I just don't do blue. It just seems too touring to me, I lean to the sportier side of the fence. B)

I picked silver over the blue because I just don't do blue. It just seems too touring to me, I lean to the sportier side of the fence. B)
Yea,

There are so many blue ones out there... its so common.

Anyone can ride a blue FJR, they just kept doing PDP after PDP to try and get rid of them all!

They still haven't been able to get rid of them all, dealers still have blue ones that people backed out on when they saw the color! :D

:p :bleh: :p :p :bleh: :p