How long are Skyway Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Skyway "mushrooms" I have are 2 7/8" long.

BUT they are made to go on my Moko (Moto) brackets on my '05. The buttons for the NewGen bikes may be longer. Does Skyway list different part numbers for NewGen vs. OldGen?

Long enough that unless you slide far enough to grind one well over half way off, the plastic is protected. Don't ask how I know :glare:

it would be nice if the sliders can be installed a little lower, so they can protect the rear luggage.
Aren't you a bit limited by the location of the motor mount bolt and the vents in the fairing?

Perhaps a crash bar for the sidecases? :eek: Or haven't you realized the sidecases ARE the slider for the rear of the FJR? :dribble:

it would be nice if the sliders can be installed a little lower, so they can protect the rear luggage.
Aren't you a bit limited by the location of the motor mount bolt and the vents in the fairing?

Perhaps a crash bar for the sidecases? :eek: Or haven't you realized the sidecases ARE the slider for the rear of the FJR? :dribble:
Maybe the HD store has some :p