How Many FJR's?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing official, but it looked like about 80. I think the heat kept a lot of (wimpy) people away. Good thing they didn't all show up or parking would have been in the sun for most.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were 143 bikes... the largest FJR Gathering ever.

Until next year..... when the numbers will be substaintially higher, no question.

Until next year..... when the numbers will be substaintially higher, no question.

Next Year move WFO to a more centralized location(Colorado hint, hint), and hold the meet in the middle of the month. There will be one more for sure.

While 143 is nothing to laugh at, I figgered with 390 registrations, we were gonna take take that town over. Even allowing for the two up's and drive ins, there must have been quite a few no-shows. Any way to quantify that?

Next Year move WFO to a more centralized location(Colorado hint, hint), and hold the meet in the middle of the month. There will be one more for sure.
That is, I believe, the plan.

Next Year move WFO to a more centralized location(Colorado hint, hint)
2247302-plus1.gif
and, unfortunately, probably only one from the Toecutter clan. But I'll make the most of it. :devil:

Next Year move WFO to a more centralized location(Colorado hint, hint)
2247302-plus1.gif
and, unfortunately, probably only one from the Toecutter clan. But I'll make the most of it. :devil:
Middle month is better too. So many jobs require end of month and end of quarter pushes that taking that time off can be really hard.

While 143 is nothing to laugh at, I figgered with 390 registrations, we were gonna take take that town over. Even allowing for the two up's and drive ins, there must have been quite a few no-shows. Any way to quantify that?
There were a couple of different figures or indicators.

391 registration instances indicated that a BUNCH of people registered multiple times. Warchild watched one person impatiently hit the Submit button 7 times early on because they thought clicking more would make it faster.

I remember Lisa counting 160 checkmarks on the paper list at registration. This didn't include pillions and there were a significant amount of those, but not all that registered with pillions had them, and some that registered with pillions didn't have them.

There were also a number of packets from folks that did pony up $10 registration fee, but didn't order shirts, didn't buy a banquet, and didn't pick up their packets. Probably about 40 or so.

A final indicator is the number of paid banquets. That would be 170 for Friday and 182 for Saturday. This doesn't account for people that didn't attend the banquet.

We also had a few people that came and left early and some folks that came late.

My estimate is that there between 200 and 225 people that attended WFO-5 including vendors and Yamaha folks.

391 registration instances indicated that a BUNCH of people registered multiple times. Warchild watched one person impatiently hit the Submit button 7 times early on because they thought clicking more would make it faster.
So did he then PM The Pimp Daddy, or just throw some code at his Paypal account and send it to some Nigerian bank executive? :p

Nothing official, but it looked like about 80. I think the heat kept a lot of (wimpy) people away. Good thing they didn't all show up or parking would have been in the sun for most.
80? I had 100+ on the cement under the Port Cochere: Counted, recounted, then double checked by another person.

After the banquet on Saturday night, I went down to the parking lot and counted the bikes, twice, with another counting from the other direction. 140! I know of two who were passing through and only spent one day and evening, one (Dan from Fairfield) who came up for the day on Saturday and a couple locals from Reno who stopped by.

Sooooo, Warchild's numbers are right! A couple more if we count the Yamaha "test-mule" FJRs. :lol:

Just what will next year bring? Perhaps something really marvelous and outrageous. I'm thinking DOUBLE! Anyone want to volunteer now? I suspect the organizing committee will take all the help they can get.

Don't forget to add a few for the guys who sneaked them into their rooms for the night. :p

I second the motion to hold WFO 6 in the Colorado Rockies! High altitude = cool temps in the middle of summer. Not to mention the great mountain passes and sweepers on the Interstate 70.

Planning would have to start early though as getting hotel rooms for 200+ will take some doing. Consider the towns of Durango, Ouray, Steamboat Springs, Carbondale. We'd most likely have to stay in multiple hotels but in small towns like Ouray everything's within walking distance of everything else (including the town hot springs).