How many litres are the panniers?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feejer222

Reaction score
Just looking into buying some aftermarket liners for the luggage, anyone know what the litreage is so I can work out what size to get?

Just looking into buying some aftermarket liners for the luggage, anyone know what the litreage is so I can work out what size to get?
Not sure the answer to your question but you should watch on eBay. I have seen several sets of the factory liners on there recently going pretty cheap.

Here's a set that's up for sale right now: eBay Clicky

-jwilly

Feejer222, just out of curiosity, what's wrong with the stock liners? Did you not receive them with the bike? (I'm assuming that you're in the US - )

Did you not receive them with the bike? (I'm assuming that you're in the US - )
I believe that feejer222 is 5 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time -- which would put him someplace in the UK. While they get colour choices and immobilizers, bag liners aren't included.

There is a good chance that Odot will know how many liters the bags hold. Fill hole on top, tap on the bottom, drink from each side equally to keep the ballast balanced. And Skyway thought he was a ground breaker with his hydration system :lol:

Oh ya... the side cases are 30 litres, just not very symmetrical.

Edited: I need to learn to type faster -- feejer222 posted his message before I did (by 5 minutes or so).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again guys...I love this forum!

Have ordered a pair thanks Chris.

Did you not receive them with the bike? (I'm assuming that you're in the US - )
I believe that feejer222 is 5 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time -- which would put him someplace in the UK. While they get colour choices and immobilizers, bag liners aren't included.

There is a good chance that Odot will know how many liters the bags hold. Fill hole on top, tap on the bottom, drink from each side equally to keep the ballast balanced. And Skyway thought he was a ground breaker with his hydration system :lol:

Oh ya... the side cases are 30 litres, just not very symmetrical.

Edited: I need to learn to type faster -- feejer222 posted his message before I did (by 5 minutes or so).
I don't do litres, dude. Ounces.....the amerikan way. And if you go over 12 ounces....you ain't drinken beer, eh?

Mine held 6 fifths of whisky in one bag, and a 12 pack of beer in the other, if that helps. Not sure how a 5th relates to a liter.

B)

if ounces are what you need to carry -- don't get factory bags... get the boss bags.

42canslg.jpg

42 cans of your favorite beverage on each side...

Mine held 6 fifths of whisky in one bag, and a 12 pack of beer in the other, if that helps. Not sure how a 5th relates to a liter. B)
Well, if you drink one...it doesn't matter after awhile.

if ounces are what you need to carry -- don't get factory bags... get the boss bags.
42canslg.jpg

42 cans of your favorite beverage on each side...
Can I get some of those fringe thingies for my FJR sidebags? Those look cool!

I can't believe how helpful this site is.

I have bought some now guys as reccomended by BugR (above).

Apparantly they arrive full of cans of beer and are supplied with a conversion chart from imperial to metric, just incase you want to drink it in Europe!!!