How many of us wear a thong?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
On your ignition key?

KeyThong.jpg

I loves mine. Got it off a flashlight I purchased recently. I just loop it onto the rest of the keychain when it's not in the ignition switch. No undue stress on the switch or scratches on the switch bezel.

I looked into a machine to make these, with the idea of doing it as a favor to WFO participants, but the damn clamper thing costs over $800.00
9.gif

So, if any of you want one, buy this flashlight or make one. Sorry, but "I got mine".

I actualy keep my bike key on a small ring that is attached to one of those long spiral cords made from plastic (that look like a tiny phone cord) The other end has a spring loaded clip.

When I get on the bike I wrap the cord around the handlebar and attach the clip to the ring. The cord thing stretches enough that I can remove the key from the ignition and open the gas cap. Thus the key is always tethered to the bike. When I leave the bike , the spiral cord retracts small enough to either put in my pocket, attach the clip to a belt loop and put in my pocket, clip in a loop again-putting it around my neck, or clip to a zipper pull on my jacket , putting the key in a pocket....

Although an odd thing to do, I have never lost a bike key.

KM

On your ignition key?
KeyThong.jpg

I loves mine. Got it off a flashlight I purchased recently. I just loop it onto the rest of the keychain when it's not in the ignition switch. No undue stress on the switch or scratches on the switch bezel.

I looked into a machine to make these, with the idea of doing it as a favor to WFO participants, but the damn clamper thing costs over $800.00
9.gif

So, if any of you want one, buy this flashlight or make one. Sorry, but "I got mine".
What about using a bead from the craft section?

Hey, Toe.
IIRC, you had ordered one of these flashlights some weeks back. Did that not work out for you? :unsure: Or are you a collector of bright and shiny things? :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for locating these fine shopping buys.

BTW, it's a
thong

lanyard
!
;)

IIRC, you had ordered one of these flashlights some weeks back. Did that not work out for you? :unsure: Or are you a collector of bright and shiny things? :rolleyes: Anyway, thanks for locating these fine shopping buys.

BTW, it's a
thong

lanyard
!
;)
The first one got backordered, twice, so I went shopping again. And yeah, I am a collector of things B&S. Thanks to the telescopic bi-Xenon HID thread, I just scored a set of 9006 HID's for $103.00 delivered to install in the Land Cruiser. :yahoo:

Now where's that damned HID aux lights group buy?