How much for a 2014 FJR-A?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob61

Reaction score
Local dealer has a 2014 FJR-A. Wants full MSRP, plus the freight and set-up fees. Stated they could go a little lower, like a few hundred. Live in north Texas area, How much do you think I should offer for it?

If they're not budging on the price, swing a deal on Y.E.S. & get them to waive freight, setup & admin fees (these aren't true 'costs' but are more fluff than anything else & can usually be waived).

Shop around you i.e. AR, TN, LA and get the best deal and work it from there. Also, there is the option of purchasing from D&H who seem to be a couple G's below MSRP.

Shop around you i.e. AR, TN, LA and get the best deal and work it from there. Also, there is the option of purchasing from D&H who seem to be a couple G's below MSRP.
+1

Do a fly and drive @ D&H. Then pull into the dealership to show them why they lost the sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to a dealership about 30 miles from me, they wouldn't deal at all on a '13, even though they said they would. So I went to a dealership closer to home, and had a deal in 15 minutes for $1,400 under MSRP!

My advice....shop around.

The setup fees can vary a lot from dealer to dealer. You really want to negotiate the total price before sales tax. That would be about $15,000 in my part of the country, including freight, setup, and document fees; everything but sales tax. The ES would be about $900 more.

They're all over the place at $13,900, even had a dealer at the Novi Bike show offering the same.... check Cycle Trader to see if there's someone near you (and ask for the OTD price).

Check out the D&H price and then figure out how much more you want to pay for staying local. Me, I'd add $500 to D&H's price and hunt around until a local dealer wants earns your business.

Good luck!

--G

Local dealer, Westfield Yamaha, just north of Indianapolis has a '14A sitting on the showroom floor for $14,200 + tax! I bought my '14ES from him, the first one sold in Indiana. He will even sell the YES for $398. Fly and rides can be fun!

If you want to try to work with your local dealer, do some research on the internet - cycletrader.com has many listed for sale, you just need to call to confirm the actual price including dealer fees, if any and if it is in stock. You can take that information to your local dealer and see if they are willing to match. That is basically what I did and got a great deal on mine.

Good luck!

I talked to several dealers in a 100 miles radius regarding an ES and found two that would waive freight and set-up but wanted full MSRP. Unfortunately here in CA they know they have you. Hurts to see what you 49-state guys are paying.

You buy a bike out of state for a great deal. I'll let you store it here for free. You go home, and I'll quickly put the required miles on for you. Then you come get your bike and take it home. I'll even pay for gas and stuff. That's a bargain right there.

Actually, if I lived in CA, I'd buy a MC anywhere I damn pleased. There are plenty of ways to get around some of the baloney. On top of that, I thought that mileage requirement was for USED vehicles only, not new ones. Still...Where there's a will, there's a way.

I just paid $14,056 out-the-door (not including tax/title), but did include the 4-year YES. @ Good Guys in southern Illinois. They truly are good guys! it was worth renting a u-haul to bring it home (hey, there was now on the ground!).

Ok. Do you know how many Yamaha dealers there are in the Dallas Ft. Worth Metroplex. I guarantee there will be a good deal somewhere. Try Freedom powersports in Dallas on LBJ and Plano Rd. They will deal. Ask for Brandon.

GP

Try Freedom powersports? They were the ones I was dealing with! Might try again today and see if they will waive set-up and delivery charges, plus a few hundred off MSRP. Surely they can't be sane thinking I would pay Full MSRP, plus 100% of their freight and set-up. Maybe they think someone else will, and if so, please buy it and get it off the floor since knowing it's there makes it worse.