Hunter Flat Bars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhalen32

Reaction score
Good Morning. I am a new FJR owner and have heard about a product called Hunter Flat Bars that claim to reduce vibration, solve "sleeping hands", etc. I did a search but could not find any reference to them in this forum. Has anyone tried or had an experience (good or bad) with them on their FJR. Thanks!

FNG

Dave

Good Morning. I am a new FJR owner and have heard about a product called Hunter Flat Bars that claim to reduce vibration, solve "sleeping hands", etc. I did a search but could not find any reference to them in this forum. Has anyone tried or had an experience (good or bad) with them on their FJR. Thanks!FNG

Dave
Google "hunter flat bars"...

Good Morning. I am a new FJR owner and have heard about a product called Hunter Flat Bars that claim to reduce vibration, solve "sleeping hands", etc. I did a search but could not find any reference to them in this forum. Has anyone tried or had an experience (good or bad) with them on their FJR. Thanks!

FNG

Dave
Google "hunter flat bars"...
David:

Thanks. That is how I know about them already. I was looking for someone who might have some first hand experience with the product rather than the inventor's claims and sales bs. Hence my posting on this forum.

Dave

Yeah, I posted about them in a recent "vibe/numb hands" thread because either MCN or Motorcyclist reviewed them. A positive review, by the way. I have no idea if they have a set for the FJR.

Yeah, I posted about them in a recent "vibe/numb hands" thread because either MCN or Motorcyclist reviewed them. A positive review, by the way. I have no idea if they have a set for the FJR.
TWN:

Thank you. I'll check them out there. I subscribe to both.

Dave

Hunter Flat Bars offers this as their list of Yamaha applications:

Yamaha details: V-Max, FZ-1, TDM 850, YZF-R6, FZ-6, Road Warrior

You may want to write or call and ask....but it isn't looking good. Who knows, they may have something in the works.

Dave - Welcome to the collective. Consider yourself assimilated.

I have, uhhhh, errrrrr......... spent ALOT of time on the FJR boards for 3+ years now, and I have never heard of anyone's experience with these bars, so unfortunately, I think your on your own.

Now, that being said, I never even knew these things existed until a week or so ago, because I saw an FJR for sale either on ebay, or cycltrader.com, that had these. I'll see if I can find that ad, as maybe you could contact that owner for some info.

Dave - Welcome to the collective. Consider yourself assimilated.
I have, uhhhh, errrrrr......... spent ALOT of time on the FJR boards for 3+ years now, and I have never heard of anyone's experience with these bars, so unfortunately, I think your on your own.

Now, that being said, I never even knew these things existed until a week or so ago, because I saw an FJR for sale either on ebay, or cycltrader.com, that had these. I'll see if I can find that ad, as maybe you could contact that owner for some info.
SkooterG:

Thanks. I read about them in the last week or so as well. I have contacted "holeshothunter" and these things will fit the FJR but I'm a little nervous about sawing off the existing bars until I hear from another user that the install went well. What Mr. Hunter's website explains about them in principle sounds well founded. I just hate being a pioneer! :D

Dave