Hunter Flatbars - Anyone seen these?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proffsionl

Reaction score
They got a pretty good write-up in the latest Motorcycle Consumer News. I was curious if anyone had seen them in person. It's an interesting concept, and they claim up to a 70% reduction of handlebar vibration. The only downside is you do have to cut your handlebars to fit them (an expensive experiment).

It doesn't look like they have done any FJRs yet. With all of the talk around vibration on our bikes, it definitely caught my eye.

Here's the link: https://www.hunterflatbars.com/

I have an 05 in which I have at times experienced significant "buzz"..........mostly around the 3500 rpm range.

There is an enormous amount of information on this website about it. Some bikes have it to varying degrees while others do not. I've changed grips, custom made heavier bar ends, changing how I grip the throttle (only the throttle side buzzed on my bike) but the most significant change I made was to tighten down the motor mounts slightly more then suggested..........while it did not completely kid rid of the buzz it did help some what.

One of the other forum members stated that his eventually went away once he start racking more miles on the bike................I,m at 12k plus and it has eased up some. I also notice there is less buzz during colder days, I'm no engineer but it has something to do with harmonics no doubt.

The flat bar seems interesting but I am not one to experiment to this degree with something that may or may not work. For now I just try to rack up more miles............

regards

NC

I notice in their Q&A that they've sold a pair to an FJR owner - anyone here? As I want to put heated grips on my 04 anyway, I might go this way if there is a strong recommendation/improvement noted. Not buzzy enough to be a pioneer myself!