Hyper-Lites / remount question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
Folks - I put on my Hyper-Lites and, lo and behold, I'd like to remount them in a different location. So yah... I'm cursin' a bit right now. But- has anybody any experience with removing the Hyper-Lites and then replacing the double sided tape and then remounting them?

Kind Thanks Mates.

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks - I put on my Hyper-Lites and, low and behold, I'd like to remount them in a different location. So yah... I'm cursin' a bit right now. But- has anybody any experience with removing the Hyper-Lites and then replacing the double sided tape and then remounting them?
Kind Thanks Mates.

Scott
I don't have Hyper-Lites but if the adhesive is like others I've seen it is only good for one use. Once you pull it off either surface, it needs to be replaced to have the same adhesion. You might contact Hyper-Lites and check. I have some 3M double sided tape an auto body shop friend uses which works great but is one time only.

Check out your local RC hobby shop. You can get a super strong double sided foam rubber type tape that they use to mount the servos. Oddly enough, it's called Servo Tape :p Best and strongest double sided tape I've found so far.

Adhesive velcro from your local sewing store, then you can remove when you want to

Some 3M dual lock might work as well, that stuff holds extremely well, and you can reposition later by adding another piece.

Well.... ok. Lot's of good tips mates. Thanks for that. I went with 3M Body Molding Tape (cat # 03615) and it feels equivalent in strength to the Hyper-Lites standard issue stickem tape. So, I'm going to get 'er all back together now.

Scott

u797308.jpg