Hyper running lights on mirrors!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimefjr

Reaction score
I have been wanting to have running lights on my mirrors for a wider and more visible front end to oncoming and cross traffic...so I ordered Hyper 6 LED Accent Lights and mounted them under the mirror...I also ordered the extra Universal Flasher/Strobe unit...and can have them on solid or make them flash three times then stay on solid each time you hit the switch...and you can also make them strobe...I know I know, illegal...and I am sure I will only use them on solid...I will put up a video and they look like they are strobing and then solid for a second but that is just the slow camera I am using...they are actually on full strobe.

006.jpg

Well, the lights were on last night but I wasn't through putting everything back together and just finished up now...so here are some more pictures, the first is just a pic of the wiring and flasher/strobe unit all wired directly to the battery...they are working very well...I also received my Hole shot exhaust today and put them on...very nice sound and the bike is running very good with no power commander...I took it for a ride just now in the dark and was approaching a PD unit and lit him up with the strobes and he could care less : )

001-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that Patriot only wants them to flash during PGR events and on steady the rest of the time because having them flash all the time would probably get you a ticket.

I think that only flashes
Nope.

# Standard Mode: 10 Scan-Lock Flash Patterns plus Steady Burn.

You can cycle through the flash modes, including steady burn, by momentarily applying power to one of the leads going into the light head. Once you get it to the pattern you want, you can seal up that wire if you choose, and it will always be on that pattern.

When I looked at that vid, I was thinking "If I saw you behind me with those babies flashing, I'd pull over and be reaching for my license and registration." At least I'd be relieved after you kept on riding past, I guess.

yeah...I don't use them like that anymore...I did a few times and man it really gets attention..but will get you a citation or even hooked up around here...I use them on a setting now where they flash three times and then go to a steady running light and that is what I started out wanting after reading a CHP report advising to use more lighting to make you and your bike look bigger, hence more visibility...but I can shut them off, then turn back on to make them flash three times and that gets attention when approaching cross traffic, and then they stay on steady and they really look good as extra running lights on the mirror.

Thanks for sharing, I am looking at doing something similiar.

Currently keeping eye out for a really inexpensive set of GEN I mirrors to experiment on.

I want to have the full light set up = running and blinkers

Thanks for sharing, I am looking at doing something similiar.
Currently keeping eye out for a really inexpensive set of GEN I mirrors to experiment on.

I want to have the full light set up = running and blinkers
I hope you will let us know what you end up doing and post some pictures...