Hyperlights Where coould I buy them ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre

Reaction score
Did a search but could not find my info.

Where could I buy the Hyperlite ?

Anything better on the market ? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohh, :unsure:
Didn't notice the spelling, sorry ( french roots :D )
That's OK. I think colour is cooler looking than color anyway. The theater/theatre and ax/axe things are probably a wash.

As for your prediliction into turning about with a u in it to something closer to aboooot.......well I just hope we never have to go to the UN for sanctions over it ;)

I actually found it by searching on the way you spelled it, but about the third thread down two minutes into it I ended up seeing where somebody had spelled it differently and put a website. The Search does work if one sticks to it.

I still have some of my Givi V46 light kits left if anyone wants one.

https://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/givibrakelites

medium.jpg

There's a hyperlite clone called Life Brite than can sometimes be had for a bit cheaper. I had them on my Connie for years and moved them to the FJR this summer. I've had zero problems with them. I have the ones that flash 8-10 times and then go solid. They definitely get your attention.

https://www.lifebrite.com

Toecutter, I had looked at this product before and wondered how well it worked. Can you adjust it enough that when you brake mildly hard that it will activate? I would like some LED's for braking all the time, but this looks like a pretty inexpensive solution as long as it works.

I'm also curious as to where you mounted yours.

Thanks!

Toecutter, I had looked at this product before and wondered how well it worked. Can you adjust it enough that when you brake mildly hard that it will activate? I would like some LED's for braking all the time, but this looks like a pretty inexpensive solution as long as it works.
Works great, and is adjustable for sensitivity as there's a mercury switch and you can tweak the angle depending on how much decelleration you want before it activates. I put mine on upside down, so it activates whenever the brake light is on. I figure it's also a good thing to be as visible as possible while waiting (in gear, and watching) for cars to stop behind me at intersections.
I mounted mine under the Givi top box mounting base, as high up as possible. It would go above the license frame pretty easily for those without a similar setup to mine.

Works great, and is adjustable for sensitivity as there's a mercury switch and you can tweak the angle depending on how much decelleration you want before it activates. I put mine on upside down, so it activates whenever the brake light is on. I figure it's also a good thing to be as visible as possible while waiting (in gear, and watching) for cars to stop behind me at intersections.
I mounted mine under the Givi top box mounting base, as high up as possible. It would go above the license frame pretty easily for those without a similar setup to mine.
Thanks for the info, I think I will give it a try. I like the no wiring installation. That's right up my alley!