Hyperlights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdisher

formerly Renegade, get used to it.
Reaction score
OK, there's always room for one more farkle...

I had hyperlights on my previous bike, but a couple of the LED's crapped out after only 1 year of use.

So I'm looking for alternatives, the cheaper the better :)

Suggestions anyone?

I am a believer in Hyper-Lites form, fit and function. I've used 'em on all my bike for the past 8 years and never had a problem. But - you've had a bad experience with them. Good luck in your quest.

Scott

I am a believer in Hyper-Lites form, fit and function. I've used 'em on all my bike for the past 8 years and never had a problem. But - you've had a bad experience with them. Good luck in your quest.
Scott
I could go with them again... They just seem a tad pricey for what they are in this day and age, IMHO.

I figured there has to be competition in this area by now.

Semi truck LED running lights from a truck stop ($9 for 4). Total cost was about $15 without CNC time. Wired into my BackOff modulator. My boss was behind me one day, and when we got to work, he told me just how annoying they were to look at :p

DSC_2405.jpg

How about this.Much brighter than Hyper lites.

The Whelan web site states that these cannot be used as brake, turn or running lights. Can someone speculate as to why they cannot be used for this purpose?