I am FJRless......no more

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRless

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 'new' 08 AE. I wasn't sure about the auto-clutch feature but, after getting feedback from many of you, I decided to just go for it. (The blow-out price on the new 08 didn't hurt either) I now realize how flawlessly it works. Stuck in high gear at one stop, the way it happens on a manual clutch bike where letting the clutch out a tad enables shifting down a gear. In this case, just a feathering of the gas.....easier actually. I haven't tried the hand shifter yet but I will when I ride it next. The bike feels more refined than my 05 FJR did. I'm stoked!

:clapping: Ain't nuthin' like the smell of a new bike in the geerage! :clapping:
:yahoo: Ner lyke feelin' it twixt yer laigs, neether. :yahoo:

It took me a while to get used to the AE, but now I love it and only use the hand shifter.

Contratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Back,

They do say that the 08's are the best year made. Not that I am bias at all.

Cangrat's on the new bike.

Dave

Congrats, you will love it. The hot deals on the leftovers are very appealing. So appealing in fact I sold my 06 and took delivery today of a leftover 08 myself.

Congrats, you will love it. The hot deals on the leftovers are very appealing. So appealing in fact I sold my 06 and took delivery today of a leftover 08 myself.
Got sucked in by the great deal myself and moved up to an 08 AE from a 07 AE. They wouldn't give me anything for the trade in so I guess I have to sell the 07 outright.

Very cool. Now all we need is some decent weather. I rolled mine out yesterday and detailed it until it was perfect and beautiful.

Then the 20 mph winds came in, then rain later.

Figures.

Later I'm going to sit in a chair and stare at it while I consume beers and cigars.

Congrats on the purchase. Keep praying for a very early spring!

I avoided the hand shifting for the first 800 - 1K miles. Now that gets turned on before leaving the driveway.

A note of caution (After brEak in). Nothing worse than running up the RPM's clicking the paddle shifter, and realize it was not turned on...

10K RPM's blip/shift 10K RPM's... DOH! :unsure: