I Bought One. Holy Crap!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, ain't you special. Enjoy the ride. If I weren't such a damn cheapskate I would buy one myself. Guess I will just have to relegate myself to hand-me-downs, just like when I was a kid... and wait till you fat cats get tired of them Gen III bikes and dump them for a song.

Congrats!
punk.gif

Deja-vu??? Wasn't there a similar thread just recently?

Well, ain't you special. Enjoy the ride. If I weren't such a damn cheapskate I would buy one myself. Guess I will just have to relegate myself to hand-me-downs, just like when I was a kid... and wait till you fat cats get tired of them Gen III bikes and dump them for a song.
I am with ya my brother!

2-4 years from now, when they have all the bugs worked out, I will find me a gently used POS Gen III at a great price to add to stable. Assuming they have that *%$#! Cruise control changed to a higher max than 80mph that is!
realmad.gif

I wonder what the price of used FJRs will be like with the increase in demand for the new model.

Many owners, I speculate will want to sell their old model to purchase the new model.

As result, inventory will increase with the older model, Gen 2 and Gen 1.

Eventually there will be a surplus of FJRs in market and as a result the price of used FJRs may drastically decrease.

The Gen 3 is no doubt a fabulous motorcycle, but at the same time... it may reduce the value for older models of FJRs :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, I'm betting you'll love it! In the meantime I'll be stuck with my Gen II for some time to come!!

I wonder what the price of used FJRs will be like with the increase in demand for the new model.

Many owners, I speculate will want to sell their old model to purchase the new model.

As result, inventory will increase with the older model, Gen 2 and Gen 1.

Eventually there will be a surplus of FJRs in market and as a result the price of used FJRs may drastically decrease.

The Gen 3 is no doubt a fabulous motorcycle, but at the same time... it may reduce the value for older models of FJRs
smile.png
I think you are correct in predicting a price decrease. Look at this: https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2007-Yamaha-FJR1300-98520695

This is what I used to say about you uppity GenII'ers when I had my 04.

rolleyes.gif

The Gen 3 is no doubt a fabulous motorcycle, but at the same time... it may reduce the value for older models of FJRs :)
This is only a problem if you plan to sell your FJR.

I see this as an advantage to purchase another FJR to replace my used up one.

Willie

If I had more than 1-1/2 years and 25K on my '11 I'd be jealous. Sure like the changes on the Gen 3, but next time out it'll probably be something Italian or English. Meanwhile, blue skies & 62 degrees today & tomorrow...time to put 'er to good use...

I hope you enjoy the new bike, in fact I'm sure you will!

In the meantime, jealous as I am of a few of the '13 "upgrades", I will stick with my '09 for a handful more years. Not just because I enjoy it (which I do) but because I've customized the hell out of it so that its finally comfortable and fits me, which is worth more to my peace o' mind than the upgrades.

See you on the highway,

Granger