I couldn't resist

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dangerous Dave

The older I get, the faster I was...
Reaction score
Apparently, the Irish police use FJRs painted in a high-viz green checkerboard pattern. So this keychain popped up on Ebay...it's a rubber replica of an Irish Garda FJR. Five bucks with free shipping from Dublin!

Here are the actual bikes

PICT0013.JPG

And here's the keychain

Garda.jpg

Who could resist that for 5 bucks??

Way cool !! I want one !!

Was still available - exchange rate with shipping was $5.29.

Now I've got to find me some of that really cool green paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez....166mph open road. Nine months in Jail for speeding, and a woman gets the same for hitting someone.

I wonder, how did they catch him?

Been to Ireland and met up with Garda in July. They are some very fine folks. Especially if you are a U.S. Cop offering to trade patches for their goodies. I just got my FJR and didn't remember Garda riding them. I will have to go back and look at my pictures again. I have a Garda key chain but not the FJR version. Cool!!!!!

I just picked one up. Way cool!

Mine just arrived in the mail today. REALLY fast shipping considering it came from Dublin. I've always carried my FJR key with nothing but a ring on it, I guess I now have an appropriate keychain for it.

Hey airportcop, here's a touch of irony for you.....

I bought my first FJR ('04) on Ebay. The seller lived in BF Oklahoma, but agreed to meet me at Springfield/Branson airport. So I bought a 1-way ticket to Springfield/Branson, caught a flight out of Cinci/KY at 7 AM, bought the bike at the airport and rode it back to Ohio. I was home by 11 PM. So my FJR ownership had its beginnings right by you! Small world, eh?

Welcome to the forum!

Mine just arrived in the mail today. REALLY fast shipping considering it came from Dublin. I've always carried my FJR key with nothing but a ring on it, I guess I now have an appropriate keychain for it.

Hey airportcop, here's a touch of irony for you.....

I bought my first FJR ('04) on Ebay. The seller lived in BF Oklahoma, but agreed to meet me at Springfield/Branson airport. So I bought a 1-way ticket to Springfield/Branson, caught a flight out of Cinci/KY at 7 AM, bought the bike at the airport and rode it back to Ohio. I was home by 11 PM. So my FJR ownership had its beginnings right by you! Small world, eh?

Welcome to the forum!

Dave,

Awesome! Small world! I just checked my Ireland pictures and the only Garda bike I got a pic of was an Honda ST. They must ride different bikes. Couldn't resist so ordered mine today! I have a regualr Garda keychain that they gave over there but it is not the FJR version.

I just want a set of the "city" side case lids.

Wouldn't mind one of their rear seat storage boxes that sell for less than the "soul+testicles+arm/leg+firstborn" that Corbin wants.

Try this search:

GARDA IRISH POLICE PVC KEYRING

If THAT doesn't work, try looking up this Fleabay item number:

Where are you guys picking it up? I have checked eBay several times. What are the correct search words?
Me too. I've tried all kinds of searches and even went to the Ireland ebay site, but no luck.
Shiny, if you can find a way to buy these Eire Garda keyfobs; please pick me up half dozen of them for Christmas presents.

You know I'm good for it; I will send you the dinero, and buy you a Smithwicks' and a shot of Jameson when I next see you.

Oh, and if you find a Vespa keyfob on the Internet, buy me one! That'll be W.O.P Goombah Dago johnny80s Christmas gift!!