I did it!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBlueStreak

Reaction score
Hey all, I have been a lurker on this board & lusted for the FJR since 2006 after I rode it at the Amwericade Rally in Lake George. SOOOOOOOOOOOO, I did it and bought a 2008 A Model. I will be picking it up later next week.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, I have been a lurker on this board & lusted for the FJR since 2006 after I rode it at the Amwericade Rally in Lake George. SOOOOOOOOOOOO, I did it and bought a 2008 A Model. I will be picking it up later next week.
Rob

Congratulations! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

...but shouldn't you be "The BlackStreak" or "TheGrayStreak"? :blink:

Congratulations to realization of one of your dreams and goals...a FJR.

Hope you come to appreciate and enjoy this wonderful toy as much as

we all have.

Hey BlueStreak, welcome to the wonderment of FJR's and, uhh, many of the FJR general prison population inhabiting this board. :rolleyes:

Congratulations!

Good choice, you won't regret it.

I like mine more everytime I ride it (or add a farkle to it).

Steve

Congrat Rob! What a great beginning to 2008 heh?!? Took a quick 20 minute spin yesterday (sunny and temps up to 60 here!) and was reminded how thoroughly I enjoy riding the FJR. Its like a little "mini vacation" each time I'm on her, even for a brief ride. :yahoo:

The assimilation continues............... :clapping: Cheers, Jay

Thanks guys!

I can't wait to pick it up. I have ridden it a couple of times so know how great it is but nothing like actually seeing in your garage!!! I ordered the Yamaha heated grips and touring shield so that will help to get more ride time in. It's cold & snowy here in NY so won't get to much riding time in but the heated grips and bigger shield should extend my riding season. I had heated grips on my 2003 GL1800 & its an option I miss. Will give the update when its in the Garage!!

Rob

a.k.a "TheBlueStreak"

Rob
Sooooowwweeet. When you get it, don't forget to post your ride miles on the "million mile challenge page."

Rob
Congrats. See you out on the open road.

hey! me too!

mine was delivered Monday. froze my butt off, but had to take it for a spin. What a blast to ride...already ordered $1k worth of bits and bobs. good thing I don't have a wife/kids... :bike:

congrats, see you out there.