I didn't know what I was missing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramblin Man

Reaction score
So I finally got around to taking the baffles out of the Leo Vince slip-ons and loading the wally's smoothness map in the PC3. The sound those cans make is worth every penny I spent on them. Those Italians really know sexy. Got a lot of envious looks. Can't even tell they are there at highway speeds.

I never understood what you guys were complaining about that the smoothness map fixed until I loaded it up. NOW I get it. For anybody who like me was confused, if you have ever tried to take a sharp corner, say at a light where you were off the throttle as you went into the corner and then tried to roll it on through the corner, you know how abrupt it can be and how much finess it takes to get it right. The first hard corner like that I took after loading up the map was like a light went on and I said to myself "oh THAT'S what they're talking about. The bike just smoothly started pulling without upsetting the chassis. It was a night and day difference.

It may be a little to fat for my taste, but it is smooth. I was noticing that the only vibration I was getting was from the tires on the pavement at highway speeds. It really made a big difference. A lot more than I expected it to. It's not boggy or anything, but it did lose a little of the urgency it had higher up. Still, an awesome starting point.

Any of you guys on the fence should throw down and get a PC3. DON'T get the Leo Vince cans though because I don't want anyone elses bike sounding as good as mine does, except for all of you guys that beat me to them of course.