I feel so dirty and quite ashamed...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus
Reaction score
an absolute first for me...going 1/2 mile to dinner at CMA National Rally in Mena/Hatfield/Iron Mountain, Arkansas

still, sin is sin... :blink:

4742474396_bb7d7e9904_b.jpg

Not to be preachy . . . because we've all had "those moments" . . . and we all make our own decisions about what we need, or don't need, to wear.

Sadly . . . it reminds me of a friend you just got nailed by a cager last month . . . spent 29 days in the hospital . . . 1/2 of it in ICU . . . broken hand with 4 bones removed and a permanent loss of full use, broken arm, broken femur in multiple places, broken pelvis in two places, broken foot, and lost 7 units of blood . . .multiple surgeries including two to hunt down and find the source of an infection weeks after the accident . . . he'll be in physical therapy for months and months, just got home and has to sleep in a hospital bed in the family dining room . . . all after taking a quick trip, without a stitch of gear on expect a helmet, about 1/2 mile from home.

Makes me think that we may be our own worst enemy when we are feeling most comfortable, most casual, and most confident. I got bumped by a cager too a few months ago, luckily I didn't even suffer a scratch or bruise . . . when I go home my wife remarked that it's the first time she can remember me taking off without my riding pants on - I didn't feel like putting them on because I was just running down the street for a second - odd because I took the time to put everything else on. Figures, the first time I go off without All The Gear is the time I get nailed. For me it's ATGATT.

Here's Dave: Dave Is Home - 29 Days Later!

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]NO SOCKS !!![/SIZE]

HOW RUDE!

I'm sure you had that ballcap filled with tin-foil to ward off the cosmic radiation,right?

VanHarlan

By the sounds of it all the gear in the world would not of helped Dave to much with the broken bones

Think all of the broken bones would of been broke -

Big reduction in road rash which may have helped with the infection but if they were hunting it down it was in the inside

Hope he heals up as best as can be expected

Patriot

Go to a tanning booth or something that glare is a sin - Like the LED on the mirrors Very Shiek

Not to be preachy . . . because we've all had "those moments" . . . and we all make our own decisions about what we need, or don't need, to wear.
Sadly . . . it reminds me of a friend you just got nailed by a cager last month . . . spent 29 days in the hospital . . . 1/2 of it in ICU . . . broken hand with 4 bones removed and a permanent loss of full use, broken arm, broken femur in multiple places, broken pelvis in two places, broken foot, and lost 7 units of blood . . .multiple surgeries including two to hunt down and find the source of an infection weeks after the accident . . . he'll be in physical therapy for months and months, just got home and has to sleep in a hospital bed in the family dining room . . . all after taking a quick trip, without a stitch of gear on expect a helmet, about 1/2 mile from home.

Makes me think that we may be our own worst enemy when we are feeling most comfortable, most casual, and most confident. I got bumped by a cager too a few months ago, luckily I didn't even suffer a scratch or bruise . . . when I go home my wife remarked that it's the first time she can remember me taking off without my riding pants on - I didn't feel like putting them on because I was just running down the street for a second - odd because I took the time to put everything else on. Figures, the first time I go off without All The Gear is the time I get nailed. For me it's ATGATT.

Here's Dave: Dave Is Home - 29 Days Later!
Now there's a message for us all :eek: I hope Dave's good days are progressively longer than his bad days.

WTF lol...

first, Wheatie, stop drinking your lunch...those are Sperry Topsiders...oh, OK, no sailing in Illinois...now I get it :rolleyes:

second, I was afraid I would have to keep up with traffic and didn't want to lose my treasured CMA cap and have to pull a Uee to recover it

third, yeah yeah yeah...white whale, blinding skin...I get it

I thought the other half of ATGATT was disease prevention:

my neck and cheeks are nicely tanned...

but, geared up means <hopefully> no melanoma for moi...have to make up for all the years of lifeguarding and sailing...

I've always been impatient...couldn't wait for Friday, I guess

"and the beat goes on"

:unsure:

VanHarlan
By the sounds of it all the gear in the world would not of helped Dave to much with the broken bones

Think all of the broken bones would of been broke -

Big reduction in road rash which may have helped with the infection but if they were hunting it down it was in the inside

Hope he heals up as best as can be expected

Patriot

Go to a tanning booth or something that glare is a sin - Like the LED on the mirrors Very Shiek

I agree . . . most of his broken parts would probably still be broken . . . the damage may have not been to the same extent, but it's all theoretical at this point. It's just figures that the "short innocent" trip is the one that did him in . . .

You can tell Patriot always wears his gear though due his tragically white complexion . . . and his Feej is desperately trying to disguise itself as a Hardly with the flags on the top-case . . .

I'm surprised that Gen I bike didn't just cook your legs, that would have been just as bad as any road rash you might have suffered.

I'm surprised that Gen I bike didn't just cook your legs, that would have been just as bad as any road rash you might have suffered.
ah crap...someone with great powers of analysis, perception, and observation (quite a minority around here)

I guess I didn't mention my now hairless shins

Great pain without even a bobble on the barely odometer changing ride means I'LL NEVER FREAKIN' RIDE WITHOUT MY ARMORED PANTS

They protect lots more using a time calculation than a get off...

It was easy to get a bit too cocky when I'd drape my jacket and cooling vest over the Weekender tucked between it and the topcase

That jacketless ride was comfortable...that ride in the picture was far from it...

Latest posts