I finally did it...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USAFFJR

Reaction score
I finally rode an FJR. I've been looking at them for the last few years and seriously trying to buy on for the last couple. Took mine on a ride today. Man, 145HP! :yahoo: I don't know how you guys keep it under the speed limit! :assassin:

Anyway, one ride was enough. Brought it back and wrote the check. The only problem is that it's still sitting the PO's garage. Timing was such that I couldn't get it home today and I can't get a ride out there until Saturday. :angry2: Getting back on the Virago was a bit of a let down, that's for sure.

I think I got a great deal -- the PO was going to get the oil changed for me, but couldn't so he took another $100 off the price. Considering I have some 20W-40 sitting in my garage I was going to use on my old Virago, I only have to buy a filter! Ended up paying $6900 and he threw in a spankin' new blue Joe Rocket mesh jacket (I have the same model, but red, and love it) and other goodies. I'll take pictures Saturday of the damage from the drop (right fairing was scratched up and so was the right muffler) and see what you folks think I can do to fix 'er up.

- Eric

'06 FJR

Only 3k miles :dribble:

Congrats mang! You scored a great deal. And you're going to love this bike. Consider yourself assimilated.

$6900 for an '06 with 3k... man did you at least give him a reach around? :lol: Great deal!!!

On that speed limit thing, we don't. Or at least I don't most the time unless I have the cruise set.

Enjoy and welcome aboard!!

Resistance is futile.

Congrats on your new scoot, Eric! :drinks:

So how many laps of the island would it take to do a SS1K, anyway?

On that speed limit thing, we don't. Or at least I don't most the time unless I have the cruise set.
LOL He's right. I was out on the highway yesterday, headed to dinner with a friend an I couldn't figure out why everyone was going so slow. Looked at my GPS speed - 120mph (!)....."I think I better slow down a little..."

:)

Congrats thats a good deal! Better start saving again cause you will shortly be addicted to buying farkles...

I was a little afraid I might open this thread and find a story of hot man-on-man action.

I was even more afraid that I might enjoy the read.

Edit - Oh, and congratulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the fairing scratches go, I'd just consider it "pre-dropped" - he's already done that part of the break-in for you. If you ride it 10 or 20K and haven't dropped it on that side yourself, then consider getting it fixed. I'd say the same re the muffler. However, you can usually find stock cans for sale cheap here or E-Bay as plenty of owners switch them out for after market and get tired of seeing the stock ones taking up space on the garage shelves.

After all, the FJR is meant to be ridden, not parked in front of the local biker hangout as personal bling. Cosmetics mean little.

Welcome,

Sounds like a great deal. Get a hold of Garauld (here) and

see if he can't help with fixing up them scrapes and bruises.

WW

Congrats on the new bike. Awesome deal!

I'd love to find such a good deal here on the mainland...

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
All right! Who in the hell is doing the speed limit on thier scoot? Come on fess up and take your punishment like a man. I know it's not me. got hooked doing 79 in a 40 on an indian reservation last week, he looked at my paperwork, said " Nice bike" and let me go! woo hoo! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Well, on the Island, he probably won't need a gps. Might do to get a Radar detector though. That was a great buy.

Thanks everyone! I'm still figuring out the island. Haven't been here too long and have spent most of that time gone or working crazy hours. Anyway, I pick up the bike in the morning, so I'll post pics soon!