I found a sweet spot for the Stebel airhorn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firepit1x

Reaction score
Hopefully this hasn't been posted by anyone else....but I struggled all day trying to find a great place for the Stebel Air Horn and here is what I came up with. I won't share how I got it to stick....I'll let you decide what is best for your ride.

I did have to remove the caps on both sides of the horn to get it through the opening and was able to replace them easily. I used the shims in the last photo to hold in place as my "glue" dried.

20120602_210629.jpg

20120602_210635.jpg

20120602_191147.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice location. I'd considered that at one time, but ended up putting the vacuum canister for the audiovox CC there instead.

So how does it sound?

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh...I've always mounted them ahead of the motor. I've placed stebels on numerous bikes, always on the side of the bike facing forward or above the front tire somewhere.

Interestingly, I have yet to mount a stebel to my FJ. I went with the magnum blasters initially. There are placed in the eom location with no interference.

So, do tell how and what you've attached to.

Thanks, Baz

You are right sharing is the key...I should have picked up some industrial strength velcro which I think would have worked just fine. In fact the last thing I used industrial strength velcro on...I could hardly remove. Instead I used what I had on hand which was gorilla glue. On the top of the Stebel horn there is a flat surface that I spritzed some water on and then I also got the metal on the bike slightly wet and applied the glue. I also put a small dab on the side of the horn to attach it to the inside frame of the bike. (water activates gorilla glue). Then I used the door shims I had on hand to hold it in place so the glue could set for 2 hours. 12 hours later and I can't budge it. I don't want to recommend this method since the only way I know on how to remove gor. glue is through sanding. The wires and relay are tucked in behind the battery and zipped for safety and the positive wire was easy to snake down the middle of the bike to the horn itself. The ground wire is only a few inches long and was easy to use a body bolt to connect.