I Give Up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdeez1

Reaction score
I placed an order for some 1.2kg/mm fork springs for my 05 abs. In the middle of Dec. with Race Tech, after telling me just a couple of weeks for months and now saying they are backordered until March, I need help anyone know of another source? Looking for some straight rate 1.2kg/mm fork springs for the 2005 abs bike.

On what basis do you need 1.2 kg/mm springs?

After talking with David Hodges at GP Suspension, he suggested 1.0 would be enough, and I bend the scale at close to 300#. Dave's comments about the use of on-line spring rate calculators were not very supportive. I just sent my forks to GP on Monday to have them wave their magic wand over them based on some of the testimony from the good members of this board. You may want to give him a call (503-723-7793) and get a second opinion before making a decision.

IMO, if you are NOT changing to aftermarket rear as well, the 1.2 front springs will create a huge imbalance between front and rear. Possibly making your suspension setup worse than stock, not better. I would not consider anything over 1.0 without also changing the rear.

Rears are Penske with 900#/inch GP suspension does not make anything over .95kg/mm I was unable to get the sag/feel I was in search of from that rate I know they dont recommend any higher no mater how much you weigh but there is a reason they build 1.2kg/mm springs for the bike.