I had the pleasure test-riding a bike today...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunMD

Reaction score
So when a female friend of mine who's very new to the motorcycle world told me that her "new-to-her" Honda Rebel wouldn't start I figured it must be a dead battery. I offered to push start it for her and she graciously accepted my offer. I popped the big 250 into second gear and proceeded to walk down her driveway with intentions of running down the street and starting it. Turns out it didn't take as much effort as I expected. With a normal stride and normal walking speed I dumped the clutch and VROOM...that goofy little toy started right up. No running required. I drove it down the street and back and then told her that if she'd loan me a helmet I'd take it for a little spin to put a charge on the battery. "Sure" she says. "Could you put some gas in it, too?" she asked. I agreed to fuel up the beast while I was out. So then comes the helmet. It's white and silver with big red hearts all over it. Wow, how gay is that? So I wore it. I stopped for gas. Did not remove the heart covered helmet. Paid at the pump to avoid being seen inside the gas station. After fueling it up I drove it down a two lane highway with a posted speed limit of 65mph. There were no speeding tickets because the Rebel only goes 68mph with my fat ass on it. So picture this if you will...I'm 6ft 2in tall, 220 pounds and I happened to be wearing a black t-shirt from the Laughlin River Run a few years ago (one of those "Harley-ish" souvenir shirts) along with the heart covered helmet...all of this on a Rebel 250.

Very nice. I felt pretty good about myself.

:dribble:

EDIT: Here's the helmet in question.

7tk8_heart.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
fat_biker_1.jpg

Good god ... The lad ( I hope I'm right with that ) looks like on overstuffed sausage casing... :blink:

I'm no Jenny Craig success story by any means .. But Damn!!

Yeah, when you can make a ZX-12 look like a pocket bike you may need to rethink your diet...and your mode of transportation.

Allright - everybody backoff -

Gun appears to be secure in his/her masculinity... :yahoo: :yahoo:

OE, you're right...I'm OK with it all. Funny thing happened a few days later: I'm sitting at the bar and to my left is some guy I don't know. At some point during my visit he says "Excuse me, but didn't I see you at the gas station the other day??....wearing a helmet with hearts all over it?"

I replied, "Who the hell have you been talking to?"

Turns out that someone who knew the story had offered this guy a beer to say that to me. Pretty funny crowd, actually.

OE, you're right...I'm OK with it all. Funny thing happened a few days later: I'm sitting at the bar and to my left is some guy I don't know. At some point during my visit he says "Excuse me, but didn't I see you at the gas station the other day??....wearing a helmet with hearts all over it?"
I replied, "Who the hell have you been talking to?"

Turns out that someone who knew the story had offered this guy a beer to say that to me. Pretty funny crowd, actually.

Quit it man - I've tears in my eyes!!!