I have the parts, now I need the forums suggestion !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No One

Reaction score
Hello,

Well I have parts on 08 ( air box mod / K&N / PCIII / Remus cans ) And here are the PCIII maps im going to choose from https://gellenbeck.com/direct/pciii/PC3Maps/ Can someone give me a suggestion on what might best work for me... I would rather have a map that produces a few more HP and I loose a few MPG... or a suggestion on a good over all.... just looking to learn and get input.

Or, if someone has a custom map that was designed around something I have, are you interested in sharing with the group ?

Yes, I have searched and looked for the map that might work best for me but, my question is not about finding the maps, I did that... I would like to get the forums input. And I know that each bike is a bit different and I need to get a custom map for my bike. I probably will soon but I would like to ask this forum question first. Thanks

Hello,
Well I have parts on 08 ( air box mod / K&N / PCIII / Remus cans ) And here are the PCIII maps im going to choose from https://gellenbeck.com/direct/pciii/PC3Maps/ Can someone give me a suggestion on what might best work for me... I would rather have a map that produces a few more HP and I loose a few MPG... or a suggestion on a good over all.... just looking to learn and get input.

Or, if someone has a custom map that was designed around something I have, are you interested in sharing with the group ?

Yes, I have searched and looked for the map that might work best for me but, my question is not about finding the maps, I did that... I would like to get the forums input. And I know that each bike is a bit different and I need to get a custom map for my bike. I probably will soon but I would like to ask this forum question first. Thanks
I was just about to start a new topic with a similar question myself in the LD section..

This my experience....I'm using the stock WallySmoothness map. The bike runs great and as advertised makes it run smooth as silk. Here's the negative: My MPG has dropped considerable to about 5 to 6 miles LESS per gallon. Now I don't even make it to the 200 mile mark before going into reserve.

If it's alright "No One" I would like to add to your question: Have any of you Iron Butt or LD folks found a map that gets close to the stock MPG, but was still able to enjoy that smooth throttle response?

I would take your bike to a reputable dyno shop in your area and have a custom map made .

you have no way of knowing if maps made for an '06 will be correct for an '08 due to changes in the ECM made by the factory.

My bikes have always run the best with a map that was made for my bike specifically.

For about $200 you will have the best map for your bike.

Look on dynojet's website for tuning centers in your area.