i joined the ranks of fjr owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcyclenut

Reaction score
picked up this 06 with 3800 miles on it, just got it yesterday, so far i love it , going on a weekend trip up to north west georgia in two weeks so i really will get an idea then. Im coming from an r1 and wanted something sporty enough but with hard bags so i could use it more.

IMG_1325.jpg

Man why do people get these bikes and not ride them? SO you can.... Sweet congrats. Had 3800 on mine the first two months.

Came off an R1 too. She is still in the garage and gets out on occasion. Love the FJR though, rockin machine. Will ask ya to be careful, though you won't really feel it, you are on a heavier bike that doesn't handle like the R1.

Something you make consider after your first day of twisties is a fork brace. I missed the "feel" of the forks on the R1. You won't get the feed back from the front end as you did on the R1. Food for thought. Just google "fork brace". You will find loads of info including links to order when you are ready.

Solid machine

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard. Where in NW Ga are you headed? That might put you right in my back yard.

Latest posts