I There A Better Battery

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LSUBOY

Reaction score
Battery{06A} just crapped out on me. Dead cell......

Before eye get a new one, I would like to know iffin there is a better {aftermarket} battery than the one that came with the bike?

Battery{06A} just crapped out on me. Dead cell...... Before eye get a new one, I would like to know iffin there is a better {aftermarket} battery than the one that came with the bike?
is the 06 still under warranty? the dealer might cover it given its youth. probably not, but they can't say yes if you don't ask.

short of that, i've been happy with my westco.

There may be a better battery than stock, but you'll look a long time to find a more expensive one.

Westco from Bike Effects for me....

I have not yet had the, erm... opportunity to buy a new batt for the feejer. But the Honda Viffers are known to chew up batteries and spit 'em out. The consensus on that group is to go with the Yuasa AGM style. You have to work a little harder to find em, and pay a little more when you do, but they are said to last considerably longer under adverse conditions.

I cannot testify that this is the truth, only that this is the consensus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am probably still under warranty iffin the battery is covered by YES......BUT I have a 97 Royal Star and the OEM battery lasted for 6 years and the battery in my 05 Ventue is 3 years old. Couple that with the fact that my 06 FJR battery crapped out in 17 months leads me to wanna not dick-around with another feejer type {small/slender} OEM battery.

So thanks guys and I'll just order tha Wesco.

I am probably still under warranty iffin the battery is covered by YES......BUT I have a 97 Royal Star and the OEM battery lasted for 6 years and the battery in my 05 Ventue is 3 years old. Couple that with the fact that my 06 FJR battery crapped out in 17 months leads me to wanna not dick-around with another feejer type {small/slender} OEM battery.
So thanks guys and I'll just order tha Wesco.
Eh. Too bad. The Yuasa (factory-style) is great.

Put in a WPS battery for kicks and it's noticably weaker.

$.02

Still on the original Yuasa battery in my 03. Had one last almost 8 years on my old FJ1200.

I'll definately get another Yuasa when this one goes, had nothing but years of great service from them.

Still on the original Yuasa battery in my 03. Had one last almost 8 years on my old FJ1200. I'll definately get another Yuasa when this one goes, had nothing but years of great service from them.
I'm glad you've been having good luck with the Yuasa...has not been my experience. Westco replacement seems no different to me.