I think I might need a new rear tire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raitchison

Reaction score
Soo today I rode to Motoport just North of San Diego to get fitted for an order a new set of gear.

Total distance was ~300 miles, all of it on the freeway.

When I got home I looked at my rear tire, expecting to find the flat spot that the previous owner put on the tire to be worse (I have been "working" very hard in the canyons to round out the tire since I got the bike and had almost done it).

I wasn't expecting this:

10087767_656e1952e0_b.jpg

No idea how many miles are on this tire since it was put on by the previous owner. I've put about 2000 miles on it since I got the bike in July when it looked like this:

10087770_e93c829184_o.jpg

Soo I've called up my local shop to look up the price for a PR2, good thing I wasn't planning on riding this weekend.

Go away pretty quick at the end, don't they? Never trust what *appears* to be a good looking tire!

Which tire is that...a Roadsmart?

--G

I've found most tires (PR's most recently) tend to wear out VERY FAST near the end of their life (as you've discovered). To the point if I'm doing a cross country tip and they are getting pretty worn I'll replace them first.