I think it's done...!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJonR

Reaction score
Built in August 2004, described as a 2005 model, registered new here in the UK in 2006, my US-spec. Gen. 1.

As the saying goes, 'It's had some work done'!! It's now got the following farkles (see what I can remember):

MRA Vario screen with VSA-B extension
Osram Nightbreaker Laser 200 headlamp bulbs
PIAA horns (loud!)
Pyramid Plastics genuine carbon fibre front fender extender
Beowulf stainless radiator guard
R-Gaza 'Police' Crash bars
Puig driving lamps
FZ1 (pattern) mirrors
Moto-CNC bar risers (two sets)
Quad-lock inductive phone charger on RAM ball mounts
LED dash conversion (I made that).
Yamaha TPMS system
Grip puppies
Atlas throttle lock
Front & rear camera system
PowerCommander 3
Healtech Thunderbox
Andy Swan seats
Kick stand foot extender
YSS rear damper
Pyramid Plastics GRP hugger
Techspec pannier protectors
Yamaha 50-litre top case (replacing the 39-litre it came with) including factory recall reinforcement kit
Yamaha inner luggage bags (three)
Pyramid Plastics genuine carbon fibre rear fender extender
Dunlop Roadsmart IV tyres

I think that's all? Insurers love me!!

IMG_3107.JPG

IMG_3818.JPGIMG_3319.JPGIMG_0596.JPGIMG_1045.JPGIMG_1044.JPGIMG_1043.JPGIMG_E1046.JPG

Very nice! But.........

With that topcase and the Yamaha mount you could overload your rear subframe causing it to crack. Only put light things in the topcase. Best solution is to mount the Givi rack and figure out how to get the Yamaha topcase mounted to it. Others have done so. Also, personally I cringe when I see metal screws used for mounting the windscreen. Yamaha used those crappy nylon screws for a reason. Like it breaking off in a wreck instead of you going through it when it has pointy things that might try to hurt you. Don't ask me how I know.....