Icon Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monty

Reaction score
I've been wearing the Icon Vented Tarmac boots for the last several Summers and like them very much.

My Alpinestars Ridge Boots have just about had it and needing to order a better set of Winter Boots. I'm considering either the Icon Field Armor or the Accelerant.

The reason I am considering the Icons instead of another Ridge Boot is due to the heel and sole height. I have a 31" inseam and can flatfoot with the Icons but not the Ridge.

Has anyone had exprience with either of the Icons? :huh:

I've got the Accelerants. No complaints. Part of the sole started coming unglued after about 15k miles on the odometer, but you can either glue it back, or like I did, just cut off the part that's flapping around. They've stayed dry in lots of rain, and also warm in the colder months without being too oppressive in the summer months. If I plan to be walking around a lot at an outdoor event that I'm riding to, I will take separate shoes to change into though. They're comfortable to walk in, but they will get warm when you're off the bike.

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify that the part of the sole that came unglued was part of the red "insert" shown in this picture (the one closest to the toes). The regular black sole is still under that, so no issues of water getting in, or the bottom of the insole being exposed or anything like that.

222381809.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the Accelerants. No complaints. Part of the sole started coming unglued after about 15k miles on the odometer, but you can either glue it back, or like I did, just cut off the part that's flapping around. They've stayed dry in lots of rain, and also warm in the colder months without being too oppressive in the summer months. If I plan to be walking around a lot at an outdoor event that I'm riding to, I will take separate shoes to change into though. They're comfortable to walk in, but they will get warm when you're off the bike.

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify that the part of the sole that came unglued was part of the red "insert" shown in this picture (the one closest to the toes). The regular black sole is still under that, so no issues of water getting in, or the bottom of the insole being exposed or anything like that.

222381809.jpg
I tried those on one time. They looked and felt like Frankenstein Boots! I passed on them. :rolleyes:

Great Price Though!! $125 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Chukka Boots. They're pretty clunky, hard to shift with, but have good thick soles, and are pretty well ventilated.

I'm on my 5th pair of Sidi Doha Boots ($170). They look great and do their job very well. The best thing about them is, When you get to your destination.

They feel like you are wearing the most comfortable pair of Nike's you've ever had in your life! Worth every penny. :clapping:

I have the Icon Tarmac vented boots, so I can only comment as to how mine are really comfortable on and off the bike. After two seasons the velcro on the top strap is just starting to lose some grip. Otherwise they pretty much look like they did when I bought them!

Oh, and I road through some hellish rain and barely got my feet moist!

I bought these boots and sent them back because i was having a hell of a time shifting with them. Not sure if its because they are too new but the bulkiness of the toe area wouldnt allow me to feel the shifter and i kept missing shifts or not allowing the shifter to reset for the next gear. Very frustrating. Changed to tourmasters (model escapes mind) but they worked like a champ before breaking in.